Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trickle charging from usb

• 09-03-2006 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

I have one of those ultra handy usb charger / data cables. Someone in work said that using the charger may harm the battery life.

Anyone know if this is true / pants?

<3 my psp. "Malcolm in the middle" on the train ftw.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Shouldn't do - they are litium ion batteries aren't they ? They don't have a memory effect..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is this some kind of cable that has a USB connector on one end and a PSP-style power connector on the other? I believe the 5V supplied by USB is at a lower current (500mA tops i think??) than that supplied by the PSP charger (5V @ 2A), so you may or may not experience some adverse effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, it's a standard USB data cable on one end, then the other end has two outputs, one is a PSP data cable, the other is a PSP charger. The current is definitely lower than the actual charger gives out allright. It takes hours to charge it, but it's very handy to have in work if you've forgotten to charge the psp the night before.

Here's a pic:
    psp_2in1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

cool .. where can I get one? ... can you charge and swap data at same time?

Advertisement