Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid comments by Americans!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

dbnavan wrote:
    Maybe we should start a silly comments by irish people thread! Sick of irish Anti America sentiments

OK, off you go start it.

I Started this thread as a bit off fun. hence the Humor section

idiot!!!
    dbnavan wrote:
    If a similiar thread exsisted about nigerians or chinese it would be closed for being racist, but for some reason the world considers it ok to make fun of americans `whenever and however they like, can someone tell me what the difference is. My wife is american and the comments she encouters very regularly by irish people are very annoying. Cead Mile Failte me arse!!!

But then I agree with you here, people in Ireland get far to upset when people comment about other nationalities. So much for freedom of speach....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 I like cars

Plug wrote:
    The british are the worst for prounoncing there own language:
    Examples:
    Pizzer (pizza)
    runn-ing (prounonce the g)
    tracky (no...tracksuit)
    nowt (nothing)
    chippy (chipper)

****ing Racist.
    Plug wrote:
    count to 10 english style.
    one thow thhhree fo fivvv sex siven eighttt niiin then.

I suppose you count to ten better?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

English pikey:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

mayotom wrote:
    OK, off you go start it.

idiot!!!

But then I agree with you here, people in Ireland get far to upset when people comment about other nationalities. So much for freedom of speach....

Watch out here come the boards police. That wasnt very nice was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Plug wrote:
    English pikey:rolleyes:

banned.

• Advertisement

and i love the way the irish cant say three. thirty three.
    or thirty three and a third.

mayotom wrote:
    OK, off you go start it.

idiot!!!

This takes the whole 'Freedom of speech to far' Just because some had freedom to speak does not mean they are exempt from reprocushion.

Eg..... Next time you see a garda....walk up to him and call him a f***ing p*g.....totally randomly, when he arrests or cautions you tell him you were excersising your civil right to freedom of speech and opinion, see where it gets you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

You're a racist! How DARE you insult our nationality like that?

Pah, some people!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what are you talking about? i say dirty tree and a turd perfectly

and i think plug and i like cars are mates. most of i like cars posts were insults aimed at plug. i think a ban might be a bit harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

SteamTrean wrote:
    I was running short on Dough and knew that I would need money for Milwaukee best for the rest of the week. I decided to ask the boss for a sub to keep me going. hilarity ensued. CAPS: = AMERICAN ACCENT.

Me: Hi Chris, can I have a word?
    CHRIS: YEAH MAN NO PROBLEM, WHAT IS IT?
    Me: I'm a little strapped for cash this week, I couldn't get a sub off you until next week could I?
    (Chris looks bewildered, he walks past me into the back room and looks at the schedule (staff hours), I can see him and it's obvious that he hasn't found what he's looking for.. he approaches me again...)
    Me: I don't need any time off, I just need a sub until friday, Would that be OK?
    CHRIS: (he looks straight into my eyes, completely confused) YOU WANT A SANDWHICH MAN?

What do you expect when you use Irish slang in a forgien country.

• Advertisement

My bf gets me to say that sometimes to laugh at my accent.
    I can say it half the time properly though. :D

bluewolf wrote:
    My bf gets me to say that sometimes to laugh at my accent.
    I can say it half the time properly though. :D

good for you :)

i am just surprised that people are stupid enough to think that accents and colloquialisms are restricted by political boundries.

honestly. i cry at night for the future of our people.

good for you :)

i am just surprised that people are stupid enough to think that accents and colloquialisms are restricted by political boundries.

honestly. i cry at night for the future of our people.
    Ah, you don't really

Sofaspud wrote:
    You're a racist! How DARE you insult our nationality like that?

Pah, some people!

:rolleyes:

how is that insulting and how is that racist?

please. id be interested to know.

roll eyes all you want, but when you make a point, at least make it apt.

what you said just makes you look stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 shewolf

a few yrs ago when my auldfella worked in the GPO some american came in looking to stamps, the stamps at the time featured celtic jewellry. the yank was lookin at the different stamps and said "say! whats that one there with the ring on it? is that the ring of kerry?" :L saps

shewolf wrote:
    a few yrs ago when my auldfella worked in the GPO some american came in looking to stamps, the stamps at the time featured celtic jewellry. the yank was lookin at the different stamps and said "say! whats that one there with the ring on it? is that the ring of kerry?" :L saps

So you have perfect knowledge of American History and Geography?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Here ya go.

*throws dbnavan a chill pill*

dbnavan wrote:
    So you have perfect knowledge of American History and Geography?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

how is that insulting and how is that racist?

please. id be interested to know.

roll eyes all you want, but when you make a point, at least make it apt.

what you said just makes you look stupid.

Cus u don't get the humour! the person who typed that ,was "pretending" to be serious,I don't think it was meant to be thought about. it probably fits the purpose here. Afterall WWM we are in the humour section:)

back to lightheartness now:p

mysterious wrote:
    Cus u don't get the humour! the person who typed that ,was "pretending" to be serious,I don't think it was meant to be thought about. it probably fits the purpose here. Afterall WWM we are in the humour section:)

back to lightheartness now:p

How DARE you assume you know what I mean?

The utter cheek of some people!

(He's right, y'know)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

MarkR wrote:
    Guy I know has a B&B, and his da took the utter piss when he had some american friends staying over. They're out in the country, and one morning the two americans come down to the kitchen, and the da is coming in from the back garden with his shotgun, cursing away.

"Those damn leprechauns have been at the cabbages again"
    :D
    Wife (in on it) next day comes in with a yard brush saying she was out for ages sweeping away all the leprechauns, as they're always out on the lawn after a heavy rain.

Nearly choked on a peanut while reading this :eek:
    Very very funny :D (the story not the choking!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

hahahah the amount of people who try to prove a point and get it wrong IS hilarious!! like racist- the americans arent a different race, they are cocasions r watever it is, same as us,slagging them isnt bein racist, and people take the pi$$ outa eachother all the time, the fact that americans happen to come to ireland and say some (to us) stupid things, but to them its a logical question, IS a reason to slag them, they slag us we slag them, sure isnt it a great laugh...until someone who thinks they are all high and mighty comes along to spoil the fun because they are over sensitive, i no some coloured people, and with them we have a luagh and slag eachother, which to a sensitive person would be horribly rascist but to someone else(my m8) is hilarious, peoples various outlooks on things r the reason for all the damn comotion here, if ur not willin to laugh, go start ur "serious" forum wer ye can be politically correct and all that jazz,

phew...had to get that off my chest....now people...LAUGH OUT LOUD !!!!

btw______i dont give a toss bout spelling!!!!!!!!!!

Sofaspud wrote:
    How DARE you assume you know what I mean?

The utter cheek of some people!

(He's right, y'know)

U know.... it's sound like u sed how dear:D

Who's right did u say????:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

hahahah the amount of people who try to prove a point and get it wrong IS hilarious!! like racist- the americans arent a different race, they are cocasions r watever it is, same as us,slagging them isnt bein racist,
    OK, how about bigoted?

mysterious wrote:
    U know.... it's sound like u sed how dear:D

Who's right did u say????:)

I didn't understand the first bit, but for the second bit, I was joking throughout the whole thing, insulting the sensitivity of people, who get offended at light-hearted jokes.

(I hate having to explain my humour:( )

Sofaspud wrote:
    I didn't understand the first bit, but for the second bit, I was joking throughout the whole thing, insulting the sensitivity of people, who get offended at light-hearted jokes.

(I hate having to explain my humour:( )

I know, that is why I'm glad to see WWE fall into it:D as for you I knew it too, but you fell into it awell..

well it's still humourous to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Mate of mine when he was in America last year with a few others was in a night club and they got talking to a couple of American women

Yankee women: So how did you two get over
    Irish lads: We took the bridge
    YW: Really?
    IL: yeah,couple of stops for petrol and McDonalds but its still much cheaper than flying!
    YW: My God i dont even remember them building that bridge,we must drive to Ireland sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Not an anecdote ...

I was skimming around the channels last night when I caught Conan O'Briens show.He was interviewing Dave Chappelle and they were having a joke, how Dave would blend in seemlessly with the locals in Africa. Then Conan did some bizzare Irish impression that consisted of him 'yarring' like a pirate and contorting his face retardedly demonstrating how he would blend in with the Irish. I got a chuckle out of it because I know how ridiculous it is, how anyone can get offended from this thread is really beyond me. Perhaps the truth is hitting too close to home or something along those lines otherwise there wouldn't be much reason to be upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Brother was just over with a few mates:
    Got talking to a few lads in a bar,
    American: So when s christmas over there(presuming the whole xmas in summer in austrailia, we hope!!!!)
    Bro's mate: Oh we have it in Nollaig.
    American: Nollaig when s that?
    Bro's mate: right after december, the thirteenth month of the year like!
    American: Seriously!!
    Bro's mate: Yeah we voted it in a few years ago so we wouldnt have to have the same time as the English!
    American: Thats so cool!!!!!!!!!!

At this point the rest of his american friends could no longer hold their laughter and burst out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

This was the best thread on boards, pissed myself at times(not really though).
    Nearly a year has passed, anymore to the collection?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Awful Scut

I don't think this can be put down to nationality as much as the effects of good dope, but anyhow.

I was in the States for the summer on a J1 in the late 90s and I was working in an outdoor burger bar. One of my colleagues was an absolute stoner, who always had great weed on him. Whenever the boss wasn't there, which was frequently, we'd go behind the bar for a puff to pass the time.

During one of these breaks, we were talking about one of the waitresses, who was quite a flirty little bint. He asked me a question, which I can't recall, but regardless, the answer I gave him was something like: "I dunno man, I think it's because she's fcuking randy".

He blinked at me in surprise and said: "Oh yeah?". Then, after about a two-second pause while he looked down at the ground, he turned to face me again said: "Who's Randy, man?".

Cue me almost throwing up with laughter.

Advertisement