Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid comments by Americans!!!!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Or another one wrote a a card to his girlfriend at the time and they all saw it.
    Pretty sure he meant to say
    "I love you, sweety"
    but he wrote;
    "I love you, sweaty"

The funniest thing is that she didn't notice either.

Maybe she has a thyroid problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mike912

This thread prompted me to join. Lots of great stuff:D

As an american I'll send a lighthearted volley back your way...

Hoping to keep our college apartment for the fall semester while away from school for the summer, we placed an ad on Craigslist for a summer sublet. Three young Irish university girls, in Boston for the summer, replied. After a quick tour, they agreed to take on the sublet. A concern they had was a severe lack of on site parking for friends who may want to visit.

My roommate: See that house across the street, five blind students live there, we've gotten to know them and they let us park in their lot.
    Girls: Will they let our friends park there?
    Roommate: Don't see why not, they've never had a problem with any of our friends using the lot.
    Girls: To be safe, we'll leave them a note a day or so in advance telling them the kind of vehicle that will be parking there.
    Roommate: ??????????? Umm, they're blind.
    Girls: haha, right. Any days we can't use the lot?
    Roommate: Well, a couple of them drive on the weekends...;)
    Girls: Oh, (thinking for a moment) that will be alright, we'll probably be travelling most weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Carlotta

Mike912 wrote: »
    This thread prompted me to join. Lots of great stuff:D

As an american I'll send a lighthearted volley back your way...

Hoping to keep our college apartment for the fall semester while away from school for the summer, we placed an ad on Craigslist for a summer sublet. Three young Irish university girls, in Boston for the summer, replied. After a quick tour, they agreed to take on the sublet. A concern they had was a severe lack of on site parking for friends who may want to visit.

My roommate: See that house across the street, five blind students live there, we've gotten to know them and they let us park in their lot.
    Girls: Will they let our friends park there?
    Roommate: Don't see why not, they've never had a problem with any of our friends using the lot.
    Girls: To be safe, we'll leave them a note a day or so in advance telling them the kind of vehicle that will be parking there.
    Roommate: ??????????? Umm, they're blind.
    Girls: haha, right. Any days we can't use the lot?
    Roommate: Well, a couple of them drive on the weekends...;)
    Girls: Oh, (thinking for a moment) that will be alright, we'll probably be travelling most weekends.

That is funny.
    Though they were probably confused as to why you would be rude to the people you hope will sublet your apartment. I mean, that's really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mike912

Oh no, wasn't rude at all, we we're all having a good time, it's just hard to carry the lighthearted tone of the situation over to a post. Picture six of us in the front room, most with their noses pressed against the window, talking whilst staring at the lot across the street, and you'd have a glimpse of the comedic element working at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Right i was in a hostel near belmullet last year with the bike. Cycling near blacksod bay one day and got hailed over by two aul american wans. Sir do you know where this is? She pointed to the guide book. Tear na nog (as in sallynoggin). I then put on my best fake irish accent. 'ah jawsus begorrah, sure i know it well, didnt i just deliver the potatos there. Just go straight on there for 5 miles and turn left and go right after that yer there, begorrah'
    Thank you sir, and they drove off. As they were driving off i herd them comment, what a nice fellow.

I almost fell off my bike i laughed so much. Gullible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Pub

Nothing is funnier than having the family over from Ireland for a holiday in the states. On the way home from they airport they bitch about driving on the wrong side (of course the left side is the right side ;)) of the road and marvel at our interstate's. lol

I took my Uncle Duff to a "Irish" pub here in the states last year and of course he's was the fookin life of the party. The bartender asked him if he had spent his entire life in Ireland and he promptly answered "Not yet".

Nothing beats being Irish :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I got a sweater for Christmas, but I really wanted a moaner.
    Sleipnir wrote: »
    Or another one wrote a a card to his girlfriend at the time and they all saw it.
    Pretty sure he meant to say
    "I love you, sweety"
    but he wrote;
    "I love you, sweaty"

The funniest thing is that she didn't notice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Happened to me when I was 10, in Rathmines

American: Could you direct me to the mines please?

Me: There are no mines in Rathmines.

American: Well why the f*ck do they call it Rathmines?

Advertisement