Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Things About Guns N' Roses

• 09-03-2006 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Just wanted to start a tread about little weird things people like about Guns N' Roses or not, what do you think, ill get things started....

I noticed that in the video for Dead Horse Gilby's wearing Izzy-like clothes. Also at one point there's a shot of him like shaking his head like he's refusing something, then it shows him on stage and he's kinda doing Izzy-like stage moves. I always thought it might be a shot at Izzy's refusal to appear in those videos they released right before he left the band. Am I reading too much into this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I am so glad he Buckethead is gone. I don't get people's love for him. I wanna talk about that!

1) His image was awful he turned gnr into a circus act. I listened the the MSG show last night and his extended solo of star war themes and chicken picking has no place in a gnr show. his bucket and mask are lame

2) I hate his playing. He sounds like a robot jerking off. I don't find any soul in his playing at all, to me he sounds like he being paid to play. While he can shred undoubtly... that is a decade and half to late.

I love finck and fortus as they have soul and I honestly think they understand the emotional aspect of where axl is coming from.

I've listened to bucket's solo stuff and it is great. but i just don't like him in gnr, and i'm glad he is gone. I hope they saved alternate solos and parts and have replaced his contributions on the album.

360* wrote:
    Just wanted to start a tread about little weird things people like about Guns N' Roses or not, what do you think, ill get things started....

I noticed that in the video for Dead Horse Gilby's wearing Izzy-like clothes. Also at one point there's a shot of him like shaking his head like he's refusing something, then it shows him on stage and he's kinda doing Izzy-like stage moves. I always thought it might be a shot at Izzy's refusal to appear in those videos they released right before he left the band. Am I reading too much into this?

I like Gilby a lot... a good player (much better than Izzy playing wise)- and he wrote some catchy sh1t on "Pawnshop Guitars" and "The Hangover". I think he could have written some good stuff for the post-UYI era Guns (Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy, etc.), but he probably doesn't really fit in with Axl's new direction and band though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

I can't stand that douchebag Buckethead. There'll never be anything like the orignal line-up - Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steve.

Matt Sorum is a TERRIBLE drummer. All his fills are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Get in the rinGo to the gym mother****er, or if you prefer, get a new wig mother****er. I think I’ll resist the urge to “stoop” to your level.

Oh ****, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin’ ****! O.K. I feel better now. Don’t think for a second we don’t know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who’s the fraud now bitch?

Damn, I couldn’t imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called “band” to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player “spineless”.

We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that’s right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?! I won’t even list what I’ve accomplished because I don’t need to.

What we’re talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

Yours truly,

Scott Weiland

Well, when you've got something to get off your chest... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

yeah i saw that post. Very very angry scott weiland. uses the word bitch plenty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Doctor J wrote:

Hahaha...legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

funny cause he is right

lol i wonder if it is true, i mean just for a second, if slash did do those things? i know he didnt, i mean im confident he didnt, but what if he did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jimmy_Jazz

Forgive my ignorance, but what did he supposedly do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Jimmy_Jazz wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance, but what did he supposedly do?
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1571

Read the second last paragraph, or all of it, coz it's quite interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jimmy_Jazz

Thanks for that link. It was an interesting read alright. I must admit, it does seem strange that all of a sudden Slash is delighted about Chinese Democracy's imminent release. There was an interview in Guitarist only a few months ago where he referred to Axl as "the f***in' redhead". But now he seems really supportive, saying he's "excited" about the new album. Maybe they've privately buried the hatchet or something...

i dunno, VR are saying Slash will comment on the situation in a few days. maybe he did show up at Axls house and say he wanted to rejoin with GnR but Duff and Scott seem to be behind Slash (although Duff hasnt exactly supported anyone) and the only person Axl has on his side is the guy from Avenged Sevenfold....and thats only cause his band is touring with them, and cause hes a homophobic **** himself....according to what he said in Metal Hammer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im not gonna add anything into whats bein said but as the thread is "Little Thing s Bout GNR" heres a little humour: Cant think of the song unfortunately, its really up-beat and good(obviously) but somebody has to make Slash stand up straight right at the start of the video. And its obvious whats gone on cos he doesnt look too good. I thought it was hilarious when i saw it.
    The video is the one kinda lookin down on Axl's face while he sings really fast! Anyone know the name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I think it's called "The Garden" not too sure, because I think G'N'R suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

Doctor J wrote:
    New on Fox,when bloated Rock Star egos collide...

Mushy wrote:
    The video is the one kinda lookin down on Axl's face while he sings really fast! Anyone know the name?

If I know my GnR, and I think I do, I reckon your thinking of 'Garden of Eden' which is the really really fast tempo song off Use Your Illusion 1 and was released as a video in mid to late 93. Its on 'Welcome to the Videos'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7SYtuHUP3s&search=garden%20of%20eden

here we go. funny video. I think it's hilarious. I thik they mimed along to a slowed down version of the track, then sped it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7SYtuHUP3s&search=garden%20of%20eden

here we go. funny video. I think it's hilarious. I thik they mimed along to a slowed down version of the track, then sped it up.
    lol - I never noticed that spa dancing around in the background before - must be either that loser Dizzy Reed, or the hanger-on Teddy Andreadis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

VH2 are doing a GnR night tonight, mainly repeats but still deadly.

GnR were my band as a teen and still definitely in my Top 3 all time favourites, despite the descent into silliness.

I met Slash. He's lovely. I stole his fag packet and have it framed on my wall. :D

Not a fan of Scott Weiland. Last time I saw VR play, he seemed to be barely holding it together, totally off his face the whole gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GNR night...cool. Pity iv seen it bout 5 times. VR special at 11 though.

Ah Garden of Eden...cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

A little thing about GnR. The song There Was A Time which was leaked recently is usually shortened to TWAT - intentional or not, I'm not sure. Anyway, I remember someone posting on HTGTH message board with the thread title - "TWAT leaked?". I thought that was funny.

Advertisement