Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Implanon/Provera tablets

• 09-03-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey ladies,

Ive had the Implanon for about 6 months now, and was on Depo-Provera Injections for about 3 years previous to that. I had no problems with the injections but my GP advised that I switch to the implanon due to the new evidence about the link with depo-provera and osteoperosis.

She warned me that using the implanon can cause irregular bleeding, and as i was having no periods whatsoever on the injections she said by body should continue on as what it sees as normal (i.e. no periods)

Everything was fine in the last 6 months,until about 6 weeks ago where I started to bleed, and i havent stopped since! Was wondering if anyone else has this problem and what did they do about it?

The bleeding is not heavy, but i would still need to wear a light pantyliner every day.

I went to mo GP, who perscribed Provera tablets 10mg, Ive to take them 3 times a day for 10 days and ive to go back if i have any problems. Has anyone else been perscribed this medicine for this cause?

Does it stop my periods again or will it just regulate the bleeding into a normal monthly cycle? Ive Googled Provera tablets, and they seem to be mainly perscribed for women whose periods have stopped and who want them back; whereas my case is the opposite- I have them and i dont want them!

Any feedback will be much appreciated! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Those tablets will just stop the bleeding, it wont interfere with your period at all..

I had them last year after bleeding non-stop for over 5 weeks (heavily!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

So when I take the 10 day course, the bleeding will stop. Hooray! Will I have no periods/bleeding at all?

Did you take them while you were on the Implanon..Just wondering if ill have to take a course of these tablets every 6 months or so or what?

No I was just after having a miscarriage.

I have read on the www.ivenus.com website that people bleed for weeks after stopping the injection. Its just your body regulating as far as I can tell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Sorry to hear that...shouldnt have asked! :(

Yeah hopefully I should be ok, todays only the first day of the course so im sure ill post back and keep posted!

Thanks for the advice :)

Sorry to hear that...shouldnt have asked!

Yeah hopefully I should be ok, todays only the first day of the course so im sure ill post back and keep posted!

Thanks for the advice

Ah its grand! You should notice a difference by 2moro or sat!! Good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement