Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear fog lamps

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Saruman::Thats all very well for YOU but even that to be honest shows something very wrong with you if full beams are not enough for you to see at night!!

Actually they do improve close range visibility on dark roads as they generaly point slightly downwards (or are meant to) The original Focus in particular is an example of extra road surface driving visibility where the light is practically at the front bumper, could help avoid a nasty loss of control, if the driver is driving correctly, monitoring all areas around the car(i.e. far front-> close front->Left Mirror->eyes front->Right Mirror->eyes front-> rearview --> repeat its a 20 second cycle at most)
    faigs::Every Micra I've seen with them on has nearly blinded me. They must be all set incorrectly. I agree, they help your vision as you can see lower on the road and the ditches with them, but I still don't think they are necessary. I don't have a huge problem if they're set correctly though, but they are perhaps usually set very brightly because they are only for use in the fog?
    Have you considered as mentioned on another thread that YOUR eyesight may be the problem. If your eyesigt is 20/20 artificially or not lights should not disturb you, and you should be driving if this is not the case
    Saruman::We need proper driving education in this country.. like the US where they learn to drive in school!!

If you actually saw what they learn in school, any 7 year old could do it on a battery powered toy tractor. My cousin took Driver's Ed and frankly he still didn't have a clue how to drive a CAR, but would have made an excellent caddy on a prestigious golf course. Some schools, including my former secondary school include the theory test as part of the TYP

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Have you considered as mentioned on another thread that YOUR eyesight may be the problem. If your eyesigt is 20/20 artificially or not lights should not disturb you, and you should be driving if this is not the case

Indeed, I should not be driving if this is the case. But this is not the case - CERTAIN fog lights disturb me when it is not foggy (and a lot of other road users too), and my eyesight is perfect by the way. But I am not concerned that they do, it is only the odd set (front ones) that are set incorrectly and I think some car models have them set far too bright for those road users who want to use them when they are not necessary. (Doesn't the name suggest the environment where thay should be used?) For the record, lights do not disturb me in any way when used in their proper environment, ie, fog lights in foggy conditions.

I still have no tolerance to drivers who use their rear ones when there is no need.

Advertisement