Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway's beer with no name

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Hmmm... Now I am tempted...

Is it in comparison in anything else you've ever had?

Tempted from bikos review?
    What point exactly drew you to temptation?????

A bit smokey????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

padi89, don't knock it...

RHG, we'll have pleny of these at the Beers. It's gets better the more you drink :D First one was a bit of a suprise but then the taste gains on you.
    Who loved the first Guinness they ever tasted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

biko wrote:
    padi89, don't knock it...

RHG, we'll have pleny of these at the Beers. It's gets better the more you drink :D First one was a bit of a suprise but then the taste gains on you.
    Who loved the first Guinness they ever tasted?

Not knocking the drink or your mini review Biko,dont take it the wrong way.

I was just highlighting the fact that if it gets you drunk ,it will interest anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I for one didn't like it...sorry ..too sweet and Malty for me...Tasted very much like an English bitter..
    And for the record I loved my first guinneas :)

but I'm delighted to see new beer and especially a Galway one...long may it continue..now bring out a wheat beer and a honey ale..mmmm can't get enough of the Honey ales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm mystified as to how it tastes "Smokey"....biko I think maybe somebody was using your pint as an ashtry when you weren't looking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

HavoK wrote:
    I'm mystified as to how it tastes "Smokey"....biko I think maybe somebody was using your pint as an ashtry when you weren't looking :D
    I knew I shouldn't have shared pint with Warty Nora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

biko wrote:
    I knew I shouldn't have shared pint with Warty Nora.

Ah jaysus there'd be more in the glass after she took a sip as when she picked it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Strong after-taste. Needs an accompaniment of pizza, pretzels or suicide by kitten.
    I don't like Chimay's or trappist beers. They taste like arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

yeah a bit too much of a after taste.
    somewhere between a pint of warm guinness and a carlsberg.

don't get me wrong it's not that bad but you'd want to have a few in ya to drink it with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

jabberwock wrote:
    somewhere between a pint of warm guinness and a carlsberg.

Yeah, I said similarly "guinness mixed with bud".
    Myself and the brother had a pint of it last night, neither of us could see any bubbles coming up from the bottom of the glass.
    Perhaps the glasses were too clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

SyxPak wrote:
    Yeah, I said similarly "guinness mixed with bud".
    Myself and the brother had a pint of it last night, neither of us could see any bubbles coming up from the bottom of the glass.
    Perhaps the glasses were too clean.

i think it has a bit of a cloudy look about it which seems common enough with Pale Ales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

too bitter!!!

Advertisement