Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious trouble!! M/Soft Photodraw...

Options
  • 09-03-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm in a spot of trouble, I'm a web designer and work largely with Microsoft Photodraw, I've managed to lose my discs in a house move, and now being prompted by Photodraw to insert the disc for authentication purposes...

Microsoft don't produce Photodraw any longer, and I'm looking for a cheap place to buy a replacement...

This is the offical word from Microsoft:

Microsoft PhotoDraw®, including PhotoDraw 2000, has been discontinued. But you can still find detailed product information, downloads, and support options that can help you get the most out of your version of the Office business graphics program.

I've looked around the M/Soft support site and it looks like they've washed they're hands of it entirely.

Any recommendations...?

I'm really stuck without it... Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Microsoft don't produce Photoshop any longer
    :D

I'm sure Microsoft would still be able to reproduce a disk (Porbably at a cost)... Call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Karoma wrote:
    :D

I'm sure Microsoft would still be able to reproduce a disk (Porbably at a cost)... Call them.

I'll call them tomorrow... Any product keys etc would have been in the CD case though, and seeing as they don't produce it anymore, I'm doubtful about support

I rang Microsoft Ireland and they fobbed me off saying it's obsolute - pretty much what I expected!

I don't suppose anyone out there has a copy and might be prepared to sell it?! - eBay have a few listed stateside but starting at $170!!

Bumping... Look like I'll have to go the expensive route of paying $170 on eBay.... This sucks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I might still have a copy of this in work, but won't be able to check until tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

Occidental wrote:
    I might still have a copy of this in work, but won't be able to check until tomorrow morning.

You'd be saving my life...!! :D

I'll wait till Monday then mate - many thanks in advance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Right, should be in business. PM me your details and we'll see if we can sort this out.

Occidental wrote:
    Right, should be in business. PM me your details and we'll see if we can sort this out.

PM sent - you da man!! :D

I have managed to acquire (thanks to a VERY generous boards member) a copy of Photodraw 2000... I removed my old corrupted Photodraw and tried to Install the recently acquired one...

However, when I try to install it I get this screen...

photodraw.jpg

I had Office 2002 installed, and thought there may be a conflict, so I removed my version of Office and tried again... same awl error!

My website work is buggered without Photodraw... Anyone any ideas as to why I'm getting this error?!!

Thanks in advance...

Anyone help...?! Why isn't she installing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Have you tried removing the old folders relating to Photodraw ?

Hunt around the program files and documents and settings folder for anything that is connected to Photodraw and delete it.

Out of curiosity why are you tied to a program like Photodraw wasnt it just a basic image editor with an export to HTML feature ?

Most of it's "features" were dumped into Office like save to a webpage in word and their are far better freeware image editors around than Photodraw like Paint.NET.

8T8 wrote:
    Have you tried removing the old folders relating to Photodraw ?

Hunt around the program files and documents and settings folder for anything that is connected to Photodraw and delete it.

Out of curiosity why are you tied to a program like Photodraw wasnt it just a basic image editor with an export to HTML feature ?

Most of it's "features" were dumped into Office like save to a webpage in word and their are far better freeware image editors around than Photodraw like Paint.NET.

Photodraw was brilliant > I created all the grapics for my sites with it. It's a nice user interface that could do a plethora of graphical touchups and tweaks!

It's a mystery to me why they discontinued it!

I have managed to source a copy!!

It's installing OK... But the wierd thing is when I generate graphics within Photodraw, and save it as a JPEG file - Nothing appears in the target directory... I can save all file types including the native .mix / bmp / tiff etc... XP just won't generate a JPEG file when I ask it to from this application.

I think I had this problem before but can't remember the solution! It may have been to do with clearing my temporary internet files (if there's a LOT of JPEGS in there - can't remeber!)

I'm gonna post a seperate thread for this problem...

Thanks again for everyone who helped here

Advertisement