Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread closed when I asked for a merge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can you please post up all the links you can to threads that have been locked 'at the drop of a hat'.

please do not include the two you have already provided.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Although it was similar to another thread I asked for Mods to merge this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054900448 with this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51012300#post51012300

Both threads were a bit of fun but instead of utilising the (rarely used) "merge" option they were both locked. Why do AH Mods, in particular, insist on locking a thread at the drop of a hat?
    Damn, I seem to have come last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Because, let's be honest, they were nonsense.

*Irritated 'cause I wasn't included* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't know where you asked for a marge, that had no bearing on my decision to lock them.

Frankly, the whole farce was becoming tiresome, and you were dragging people into a "Hot or Not" scenario when most of them expressed no wish to be included, and some of them had PMed us telling us they were uncomfortable with their names being included.

So I closed them.

You'd also be surprised to know that I would use merge far often than lock. Since a merge is transparent, you just don't see them as often as you do locks. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seems I am now beating asok. :)
    It's really getting exciting now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

seamus wrote:
    I don't know where you asked for a marge, that had no bearing on my decision to lock them.

Frankly, the whole farce was becoming tiresome, and you were dragging people into a "Hot or Not" scenario when most of them expressed no wish to be included, and some of them had PMed us telling us they were uncomfortable with their names being included.

So I closed them.

You'd also be surprised to know that I would use merge far often than lock. Since a merge is transparent, you just don't see them as often as you do locks. :)

Ok, accepted. They were fun threads that turned into garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can you also please coime back to me with regards the host of threads that are apparently being locked at the drop of a hat?
    cheers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

can you also please coime back to me with regards the host of threads that are apparently being locked at the drop of a hat?
    cheers

seconded
    I'd also like to see that thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

instead of utilising the (rarely used) "merge" option they were both locked.

I use merge a lot....

Advertisement