Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headunit for Motor

Options
  • 09-03-2006 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm looking for a low cost CDR/MP3 playback stereo for my car. I want to put in some shelf speakers also. Maybe 6x9's on shelf. I'm not particularily interested in amp's and Subs etc. I found a Goodmans GCE7350MP3R stereo which is vairly cheep. My only concern is 4 x 20 watt RMS in spec. It's usually 4x45w 0r 4x50w. What difference would the lower wattage make?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

How much are you willing to spend? I might have a pioneer DEHP8400MP for sale.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I would suggest you consider getting something better than a Goodmans. THey're OK, but only OK.
    I use a Pioneer DEH7500MP and find it a great unit, though less probably would've done!

Also, with regards output wattage, some manufacturers show wattage in RMS, others seem to use MPO. Of course, RMS is better way of rating things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dunski

kensutz wrote:
    How much are you willing to spend? I might have a pioneer DEHP8400MP for sale.

How much r u looking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Goodmans aren't great TBH. bit like ALBA or Bush, better off going for a Sony, Pioneer etc.

about 200

• Advertisement

I'll be putting it up in the for sale section soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

For 200e check out the argos book,theres pioneer and sony Hu's available in there for that and less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

check www.technikdirekt.de or www.mp3-player.de

Delivery about 20 euro, get a player for about 120/140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

try www.gear.ie Some great value stuff

Advertisement