Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New media source is ****e!!help me please

• 09-03-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the story , upon turning on my zen touch the other day i was confronted by the message "firmware problem".I tried many times to reinstall the firmware but to no avail.In the end i had to install the play for sure firmware which deleted my entire music library.After about 10 hours restoring most of my music onto my player i decided i would listen to some of my music through my computers speakers like i always do while im on the net VIA media source.

The big problem being though with the latest creative media source i HAD to install to get the play for sure firmware working through it the way my music is lited has all changed.Before it was easy as pie to scroll through the artists then go into whichever album i wanted and then pick a song now however its just all the tracks on my mp3 listed one after another in no particular order.

Theese pics should help you understand what i mean:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/e376/wraithofsouls/?action=view&current=USEDTO.jpg

This was what it used to look like before i had to get the newst version.

http://photobucket.com/albums/e376/wraithofsouls/?action=view&current=LOOKSLIKENOW.jpg

And this is what it all looks like now.

Anyone out there know how to fix it and get it all back the wa it was as finding albums and music the way it is now will take me an eternity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Please help me or im gonna kill my mp3 player!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Patricide,
    I update mine to the latest Firmware and instaled the updated MediaSource (v.3.30.21).

I dont have the same problem as you. Mine is still the same as the second pic.

The solution is if (see pic enclosed ) you click on the icon to the left of the 'find' icon. By clicking this i could cause the problem you where having and by clicking it again it was back to normal.

I hope this helps.

PS. Do you find that the player takes alot longer to start up with the new 'play for sure' firmware?
    Tommy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yea on my computer, (which in my dads house is pretty slow) it takes around 5 mins to set up now which is a massive OUCH especially cause it used to take noe time at all.Damm creative labs, but in all fairness this is the only bad thing ive ever had to say abou them so im gonna have to let it slide.

As for the fix on the pic there, i only have that button to change the way its organised on my computer library, on my zen music library i have this button which only switches between thumbnails and listing.

Advertisement