Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

adoptors needed when upgrading Golf radios?

Options
  • 09-03-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I want to replace my VW Beta radio with a Blaupunkt London model.
    Do I need to buy adaptors/convertors as well?
    Car is a 98 Golf Mk4.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have a 00 Leon which apparently has similar wiring to other VAG cars. The connectors were standard connectors which plugged into my stereo lead fine. I did however need an aerial adaptor, so that the beesting aerial was feed linepower for the integrated amplifier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭trent

Thanks for feedback. Change of plan... Blaupunkt 'San Diego' model is no longer available from www.bluespot.co.uk. Found a Pioneer unit for cheaper (that will still tie in colour scheme of a VW i.e blue display and red backlit) on www.caraudio.ie. They also sell the adaptor for bee-sting antenna.
    Hope this is of use to someone else.

Advertisement