Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry Diet Coke

• 09-03-2006 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Damn. Two weeks ago I gave up Diet Coke and all other fizzy drinks. Only water for me since then. All went well until I went into Boots today.

There I discovered that they sold Diet Cherry Coke. Somehow I couldn't resist and tried it. Tastes even better then I remembered from when I was young... I found it delicious.

Seems Coke tries to introduce more and more flavours. I already like the lime one (can't stand the lemon one), but Cherry is much better, IMO.

But now back to water. Damn... lets see how long I can resist the temptation...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

boots often sell cherry coke. england never stopped selling it so when boots came in it also started to sell it. not all the boots do though. i love it, never did understand why they got rid of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

the old cherry coke from about 1995 was the best, esecially in them tiny fun size cans, id love one of them bad boys now. even a full can would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

can't say i every remember cherry coke being on the irish market but I'm told that it was tried and tested some years ago, and failed to really take off.

Its still very popular in the US however. I'm guessing that boots are importing it from the UK (where it is still also on the market), as I haven't ever heard of it being sold by Coca-Cola Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Flavoured diet coke is about a million times nicer than plain diet coke imo. Diet coke is so bland otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Boots in Waterford sells it but you gotta be quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Saw in a supermarket in France that they have

diet coke lemon
    diet coke lime
    diet coke cherry
    diet coke sango (blood orange)

And the last one taste damn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

I got some in Boots Dundrum yesterday - 2 bottles for €1.90 instead of €1.45 each... and it was rather nice!!!

Can't wait to try the Coca Light Sango version when I go to France on hols

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Coke has loads of flavours and have done for years! Just that we do not get them here or else they dissapear after a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I tried diet cherry coke on the weekend and thought it was foul! I did like the vanilla diet coke though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I also got some in Boots Blanchardstown- 2 bottles for €1.90. I love the taste of it.:)

Saruman wrote:
    Coke has loads of flavours and have done for years! Just that we do not get them here or else they dissapear after a short time.
    Exactly the point i've been trying to make. Coke are always introducing different flavours, every market is different, some flavours stay on one country but not in others.

Diet lemon, Vanilla, etc have all been on the market here, and can still be bought in places. While not all that popular they are still on the market and being sold by Coca-Cola Ireland. Coke Cherry however doesn't appear to be sold by Coca-Cola Ireland, so I'm guessing its imported from the UK. Not uncommon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Could write a nice letter to Coca cola Irl. asking them oh so nicely to bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

trishw78 wrote:
    Could write a nice letter to Coca cola Irl. asking them oh so nicely to bring it back.
    I'm sure you'd also get a No. But they could surprise ya!!! Flavoured Coca-cola has never been a big seller her in the Rep. Of Ireland, be in Cherry, Lemon, Lie, or whatever!!!

Advertisement