Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

K750i Joystick

• 09-03-2006 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I Have the phone about 6 months and my joystick is totally kaput! I tried cleaning it and all but it wont go any direction at all, sometimes goes left but i have to put way way to much force on it, It happened a t630 i had but i thought SE would of fixed it by now on there newer phone!
    It sux caus i can't scroll down texts!

It isn't under warranty with o2 anymore,So is there any way to repair it?

It has defo never got water damaged in the slightest!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

have you tried a Google on that problem ? ...... :confused:

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=K750i+Joystick+problem&meta=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Sony Ericsson have a 2 year warranty. The phone is less than 2 years old. It should still be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

just go to mprc in sandyford and they should repair it.

are you sure its not under warranty.if it is then they will fix it for free. i had the same problem with my k750i a while ago and they replace the joystick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

"...only 6 months old... not under warranty with o2...."
    Fill in the blanks for me,please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Karoma wrote:
    "...only 6 months old... not under warranty with o2...."
    Fill in the blanks for me,please.
    Maybe he got it sim unblocked?

• Advertisement

karoma thats fine, just go to mprc in sandyford. just tell them this
    my phones joystick is not working properly and say the phone sometimes turns off and on.

thats it and what they will do is check /replace the joystick and also flash the phone with latest software

thats the only question they ask, they have nothing to do with o2 so donot worry.the phone is still under warranty even though o2 say no to you.

check it out donot be afraid as you have paid for the goods and loads of people have had problem with k750i joystick.but it is an amazing phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

fletch wrote:
    Maybe he got it sim unblocked?
    Perhaps. That's what I'm assuming - but I want the OP to specify the reasoning. Flash it back (If even necessary)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Try removing all the joystick shortcuts. It seems to be a software issue.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Ok here's a bit more info in because I left loads out,
    ok the phone was on o2 (an upgrade to another phone) and I unlocked it and am using it on meteor so I know o2 won't be able to help me out.
    Its not unlocked long as I haven't being on meteor long and its at the most recent firmware I know of, The firmware or the unlock are defo defo not the problem as it only happened this week and its flashed and unlocked it about a month ago .
    Also I don't think MPRC will cover it because when reading online about dust in phones I decided to open the phone myself and check out the dust,I cleaned it all out and it still don't work. Its like something in the joystick bit itself is bogie, cause it feels different to new k750i joystick when i move it.
    I even tried replacing the actual plastic joystick bit with no luck.

I don't realy mind payin to have it fixed i'd just like it working, cause its a great phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭r00t69

Very interesting. I had my K750i about 5 weeks when the joystick went. Dropped it into Carphone Warehouse in Grafton st, where I bought it. They told me 2 weeks if they can fix it and maybe up to 3 if they need to send it off. Got a phone call 5 weeks later to tell me the phone is repaired and I should come and collect it. Just back with the phone which isn't repaired as they are claiming water damage.

As I have no insurance, thats it, no phone. This, as far as I'm concerned is a complete scam on CW side. I won't even go into the 3 week nightmare when I had no service as they made 1 cockup after the next when porting my number.

So it looks like I'll drop it up to this place in Sandyford for an independant analisys and then straight off the consummer affairs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah. I'm on my 3rd Sony Ericsson phone, every single one has had this joystick problem. Can't get my k750 repaired for free under warranty either because I removed the cover to clean out dust at one stage.... I wouldn't be able to do without my phone for more than 24 hours anyway!

I'm due an upgrade... its gonna be non-Sony Ericsson this time I'm afraid. Shame, because absolutely everything else about the K750 is perfect...

superman i had the exact same problem and mine was fixed by mprc and NO questions asked.i had a o2 upgrade phone and had it unlocked from a friend and had dust it in as i use my phone alot and also i had a joystick problem but mprc are the best.thats my own experience but i donot know what the story with you is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yeah. I'm on my 3rd Sony Ericsson phone, every single one has had this joystick problem

It's my 3rd SE, and I've never had a problem with the joysticks!

Advertisement