Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today is a sad day

Options
  • 09-03-2006 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

I just heard "it's chico time"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i know how you feel - the ba$tard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

yeah it's number one isn't it? Are 9-13 year old girls really the largest single buying demographic?. Where do they get all their money from, when I was 12 we used to go 4 ways on a pack of 10 smokes and they only cost 1.50 back then. I blame the parents, if they were more involved in thier daughters lives and knew that they were going out and spending thier money on Chico Time instaed of drugs or alcohol I think they would be horrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To think 12 year old girls once bought stuff by T-Rex and Bowie (plus the Osmonds and David Cassidy it must be added).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Marketing lads... marketing... Did none of you notice that the Nizlopi single was only E2.99 in all the shops while every other single was E4.99? I'd say they'll pull the same stunt with Chico to get his name out there and get him some air time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

who or what is Chico?
    mike65 wrote:
    To think 12 year old girls once bought stuff by T-Rex and Bowie

maybe we will see similar purchasing trends in the next century

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Mossy Monk wrote:
    who or what is Chico?

I was just about to say the same thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Mossy Monk wrote:
    who or what is Chico?

180px-Chico-marx-sm.jpg

I am-a Chico...

seriously - he's one of the oxygen thieving talent vacuums from x factor, right. On a more reassuring note, it's pretty much a safe bet that anybody who has, as their first single, a song referencing themselves will tend to disappear (thankfully) without trace. cf Cheeky Girls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah but the cheeky girls were funny (for about 1 min)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

mike65 wrote:
    Ah but the cheeky girls were funny (for about 1 min)

Mike.
    Troll! :D

Unfortunately 'Wham Rap' is a notable exception to my rule above. As is Ant Music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

as much as he sucks, I do like his dance moves :P

but the bastard got the song stuck in my head

"you can get delirious, you take life to serious!!!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement