Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sourcing sheet steel

• 10-03-2006 1:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

i'm looking to source a place where i can buy some sheet steel to practice using my electric arc welder. i've never used it yet, and it has been sitting about since december as i have no metal to practice on.

anyone know of a place where i can buy sheets or scrap metal to practice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

what about Heiton Steel on the Naas rd... or B an Q..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 wreckedhead

Look in the yellow pages, ring a sheet metal works ,ring them tell them what your at, to be honest, when I was in that game we were only to happy to get rid it, it probably costs them to get rid of it now days, you might be surprised. Freebie ?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

The Doktor wrote: »
    what about Heiton Steel on the Naas rd... or B an Q..

I want to buy small quantities of sheet steel, and steel rods... will I get this at B and Q? Will I be able to buy small quantities?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Impact Ireland (www.impactirl.ie) have a wide variety of metals. You should be able to order as little or as much as you want.

Advertisement