Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Side Repeaters

Options
  • 10-03-2006 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

My car has no side indicators, or repeaters or whatever you call turn signal lights that are mounted on the side of the car.
    It is a Japanese Import and I will have to put an NCT on it soon.
    Is it required to have turn signal lights on the side of your car in Ireland? I have not seen a car on the road without them whether it is on the front quarter panel or integrated into the mirrors.
    By the way the uk/irl spec version of my car does have side indicators.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My car has no side indicators, or repeaters or whatever you call turn signal lights that are mounted on the side of the car.
    It is a Japanese Import and I will have to put an NCT on it soon.
    Is it required to have turn signal lights on the side of your car in Ireland? I have not seen a car on the road without them whether it is on the front quarter panel or integrated into the mirrors.
    By the way the uk/irl spec version of my car does have side indicators.

Most Jap imports don't have side indicators built into the wings. They are located in the main front light cluster only. I think this ok otherwise no Jap imports would not have valid NCT certs up to now.

To be sure check out http://www.nct.ie or give your local NCT centre a ring and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Buy yourself some wing mirrors which have side indicators on them.

They look very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I dont think its required to have them, lots of cars dont !

However whatever bulbs you DO have all need to work. If for example you had dummy ones on there...........they would fail because need to work !

Does that make any sense ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Early Merc w201 models did'nt have them so its not just a Japanese thing.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

Cool thanks. I'm probably worrying over nothing then!

I should have known about the Mercs! I used to drive an '87 Benz 190E

• Advertisement
Advertisement