Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to take credit card payments online? - Cheapest option

Options
  • 10-03-2006 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the best, ie cheapest method of taking recurring credit card payments on my website.

I was thinking paypal, but about 50% of my customers contact me by phone and buy my service, but dont have a computer.

What i need is a facililty where customers can
    a) Sign up for recurring credit card payments online and
    b) Give me their credit card detail over the phone and i can put it into the computer when they dont have a computer.
    c) I would rather not require them to open an account with the payment company in order to pay me.

I dont think PayPal handles all of this (or does it?), but are there other options? I know worldpay can handle this but its a bit on the expensive side to setup.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Realex with an internet merchant account from your bank is probably the only way you could do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Thanks for the info.
    Have you any idea how much this would cost?

Trying to keep costs as low as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Once you / your client has the merchant account there is a setup fee with Realex plus a per transaction fee. However, compared to Worldpay, Realex is a lot more economical PLUS you get your money a LOT faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

blacknight wrote:
    Once you / your client has the merchant account there is a setup fee with Realex plus a per transaction fee. However, compared to Worldpay, Realex is a lot more economical PLUS you get your money a LOT faster

I know i've too many questions but i'm new to this internet merchant stuff :)

Is there a charge to set up an internet merchant account? If so, do how much it is?
    Also I've had a look at the realex website and cant find anything about charges.
    You wouldnt happen to know the exact charge?
    Thanks for the help, its much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

JimmySmith wrote:
    Is there a charge to set up an internet merchant account? If so, do how much it is?
    Also I've had a look at the realex website and cant find anything about charges.
    You wouldnt happen to know the exact charge?
    Thanks for the help, its much appreciated.
    I presume the banks charge you a fee but you have to talk to them about that. I hear it is good to shop around for merchant accounts as charges can vary and also to haggle with the person setting it up for you with regarding the charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 nogihno

Realex is by far the best. They allow manual processing of credit card details. I am not sure about the storage of credit card details though. They are around €250 to set up with a recurring monthly charge depending on the volume of transactions. They are absolutely brilliant to deal with though. Having recently designed a site with them, they provide brilliant support, testing and setup environments and I cannot speak highly enough of them. To be honest, you pay for what you get in this regard. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infinite_in

ChronoPay might be good alternate option, I think they shall meet your specific requirement within reasonable charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

nogihno wrote:
    Realex is by far the best. They allow manual processing of credit card details. I am not sure about the storage of credit card details though. They are around €250 to set up with a recurring monthly charge depending on the volume of transactions. They are absolutely brilliant to deal with though. Having recently designed a site with them, they provide brilliant support, testing and setup environments and I cannot speak highly enough of them. To be honest, you pay for what you get in this regard. Best of luck

Sorry to hijack the thread, but did you use the remote server option with realex, or did you do the transaction on your server?

If you did it on your own server, did you use an out of the box shopping cart?

Advertisement