Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Price for Tiling

Options
  • 10-03-2006 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Morning all!

I've just got a quote from a bloke to tile my kitchen and dining area for €330. It's a good sized area but I have already got the tiles and the grout and everything else required so it's just to basically put them down.

Anyone any ideas if this is a good price?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

It might be helpful if you gave us the area. Is it floor tiles you are doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tupelo

Sorry I left the little sheet of paper with all the details at home in my rush to get into work this morning! I will update this later!! With everything I can find!!

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, things have been mental!!

The room is broken down into two section the first section is 12ft x 9ft and the second section is 6ft x 10ft.

There is no design or pattern just straight laying of the tiles and the price is €330.

Since this is the first time i've had anyone in to tile I just need to know if that is a good price.

Thanks for your help!!

They are floor tiles for the kitchen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I work it out at roughly 19 sq yards, much the same as metres whichever way you want to look at it. So that works out at roughly €17 per sq yard which in my opinion is a good price.

But thats obviously just on area and price, and doesnt take into consdieration the quality on their side or your side.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was reading that up to €20 was a good price. They seem like nice enough blokes and more to the point they are doing the job on Saturday which means I don't have to take any time off to get it done.

I will post a reply when they finish just to say how I got on with them in case anyone else is looking for a tiling service.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Tupelo wrote:
    Yeah I was reading that up to €20 was a good price. They seem like nice enough blokes and more to the point they are doing the job on Saturday which means I don't have to take any time off to get it done.

I will post a reply when they finish just to say how I got on with them in case anyone else is looking for a tiling service.

Thanks.

Let me know how you get on. I will be requiring the services of a good tiler for my new house shortly.

If you can post pictures all the better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

I got my new house tiling done for 15 euro/sq.yd, few days ago. I put tiles in the Kitchen, hallway and all bathrooms. The total area of the tiles was over 70 sq. yds. I think I got a good deal. The tiler did a decent job. You can contact him (Aiden) on 086-1906622, if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mateusz01

[how many meters is there?

Morning,

I had the guys in last Saturday morning to do the work. They arrived at 9 in the morning worked solidly till 1:30 and did a really fantastic job. I'm well pleased with it. So if anyone is looking for a Tiler just reply to this and i'll send on the details (they didn't want me putting their number up, I don't think they trust the internet!) I'll also stick some photos up when I get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

Hi there.
    Will be getting some tiling done over the summer, so would love a well recommended tiler if possible. Would be very grateful for their contact details.

Advertisement