Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT Cancelled services

Options
  • 10-03-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hey all,

If anyone here has had an EsatBT account and cancelled it I would advise you to check out that it was actually cancelled.

I have just received a threatening letter from the ****ers threatening to take me to court for unpaid fees for a service I cancelled by email and letter in October 2004.

My problem is of course that they can say they never received the letter which means I'm bolloxed according to their terms and conditions

I swear to christ I'm so ****ing angry with this horse**** I'm afraid of losing it on the phone woth the ****, which will do me no good whatsoever.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

have you no email reply ???

can you log into that online billing yoke (their home page , middle of) which may have information which helps the defence ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Stay cool man, if it goes to Court, stand up and say your piece and I'm sure the judge will hear you out. Better yet, tell Esat that you've informed local newspapers and that when its all over you''ll be suing them for deceit and injurious falsehood, expenses etc.

I have been online for a week. Yesterday I got a letter from them telling me that my broadband package should be available to go in 10 working days. The letter was dated Feb 20th. What a pack of simple minded sh!ts. Furthermore, Eircom are still taking line rental off me, which means that my phone line hasn't been transferred to BT yet, contrary to what BT said.

And I bet they are still trying to charge me for dialup.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Same thing happened to me! Except I've been paying for it without realising it. I rang them recently and to be fair they were nice about it. Apparently when I sent the email it didn't come from the email adress that I registered the dial up acc with so they didn't take any notice. They didn't even tell me. So 4 months later - I'm checking my yearly bank statements and they're still charging me! :mad:

So rang them up and they wanted acc numbers and all the rest but do I have that?? no - beacause I've never recieved a bill or anything from them.

So I got the acc number and they sent me out a form so that I could cancel it. Why do these companies make it so difficult to cancel??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

When IOL was bought a lot of business cutomers who had cancelled even years previously got bills. Many paid thinking it was current Internet.

Advertisement