Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars

Options
  • 10-03-2006 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi Folks,
    I am just wondering if there are any other Irish Guild Wars players out there. In particular I am wondering if there is any sort of organised clan/guild out there that a few of us could join. We have about 6 people so far in our guild but would need a lot more to make guild battles a viable option. So if there is a guild representative or people interested in creating one with me please post here.

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I just recently bought guild wars myself. My biggest (and probably only) problem with is the that difficulty in finding people to group with. There are a multitude of people running around randomly inviting people to guilds, but when you join they do not co-operate, either in the PvE or PvP side of things. Which essentially makes the PvE side a rather tedious single player game. And since you need to play it through to unlock the skills for PvP (or PvP for hours with crappy skills) it makes the whole affair rather... well, crap.

So, with that in mind, if anyone is looking for more for an Irish guild, count me in (or any kind of guild wars guild, for that matter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I find Guild Wars to be a desperately unfriendly place, people have formed cliques and the whole atmosphere of the game is ruined by the fact that no one really co-operates, be it through trading or random teaming up and going PvE. I don't really know if this is just my experience with the game but it put me off playing MMORPG's altogether..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

im up for an irish guild for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

For those interested in an Irish Guild let me suggest meeting in Post Searing Ascalon to get things moving on wednesday evening at 21:00. I suggest we meet in the international district because that should be a lot quieter than the main english ones. Thoughts? I'm also happy to create/host a website for this and sort out TS or Ventrillo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

There are lots of Irish players of Guild wars, I know of at least two clans that have GW squads and I have personally met loads of Irish dudes playing. You should have no problems getting members when word gets out. If I'm available I'll try drag a few heads along.

• Advertisement

Sounds great. Thanks mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

We had a pretty big Irish guild but it's near death now. We're going to try get people back together for the Factions release but I dunno how successful it will be.

www.cual.co.nr

That's the website if anyone still wants to sign up. (if there's still any officers around)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 3C.

ooooo an Irish Guild sounds like fun!

I had a guild.......once.........about a year ago......

Anyone know how to disband a guild???

Speaking of guilds, Is anyone entering the new emblem competiton?

I'm interested!

LordBlonde wrote:
    We had a pretty big Irish guild but it's near death now. We're going to try get people back together for the Factions release but I dunno how successful it will be.

www.cual.co.nr

That's the website if anyone still wants to sign up. (if there's still any officers around)

I checked out that website and there seems to be no activity there anymore. I think that I will proceed with the idea of starting afresh and building up the guild from there. It seems to be a good time to start one now with Factions on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

I'm back to playing after a few months of not playing, cos the frost gate was too hard to do :( Finally back into it though, so I shall meet you all there.
    How do i leave my current guild?
    You do get the odd good group, i was in a great one last night running hot springs murders and villainy of galrath before the server rollback :( Lost a good amount of progress and purple and gold items :(

I will be online so tonight in Ascalon Post Searing. My nick ingame is 'Lanied Galen' and I should be in the international district. I'll be there before nine and once we see how many log on we can assign officers for the guild and work from there.

Ideally I'd like to know who is interested in PvE, PvP, GvG etc. that way we can arrange battles for what people are interested in and set up teams for those purposes.

If you could all install Ventrillo, the VOIP client, it would be great also. That way we can communicate a little easier in-game. After this initial meeting is done I will set up a website and forum and hopefully we can start making this Irish guild work. :cool:

So we still meeting Post-Searing, International District at 21:00?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Doh! I joined at 10:00pm and started speaking as gaeilge but no one responded so I guessed you had left by then.
    Sorry but I had a visitor :(...no doubt I'll catch you again sometime.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ahh how i miss our old guild... i was part of An Cual before it all went assways... my ingame name is Master Leach so if u wanna invite me then please do. im still an officer in Cual but thatl change if a more active guild appears cuz god knows we're long dead...ill prob b online tomorrrow and tomorrow night.

Damn it, sorry guys. My machine just rebooted and wouldnt restart for like 10 minutes. Was a serious pain in the ass, sorry bout that.

I will be online so tonight in Ascalon Post Searing. My nick ingame is 'Lanied Galen' and I should be in the international district. I'll be there before nine and once we see how many log on we can assign officers for the guild and work from there.

Ideally I'd like to know who is interested in PvE, PvP, GvG etc. that way we can arrange battles for what people are interested in and set up teams for those purposes.

If you could all install Ventrillo, the VOIP client, it would be great also. That way we can communicate a little easier in-game. After this initial meeting is done I will set up a website and forum and hopefully we can start making this Irish guild work. :cool:

Dang, I didn't check the boards....Will there be another op to sign up?

It was good craic last night and it was nice to get the guild up and running. For those interested in playing with guild I will be online tonight again for most of the evening. Just pm 'Lanied Galen' in game and have a chat with me and I'll send out the invites. Hope to see you all active and meet with you in the next week or so.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 de_sharkman

Hey Guys,

Joined up there the other night. Very helpful and active guild - the lads are mighty craic.

Great run on the Frostgate, solid party and no "Leroy Jenkins" incidents!

I'm new to the game myself (was mostly a WoW player) but the lads let me tag along and it turned into a great night of gaming.

Highly recommended to anyone looking for a good guild.

Cheers psycho_frodo, the guild is starting out great!

:D

• Advertisement

Well if thats not a good review.......

lol, leroy jenkins....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

right me has resigned from an cual *sniff* and wouldnt mind an invite into this new guild...me was officer material and all :D i added you but aint bn able to catch u online. master leach is me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

splinter wrote:
    right me has resigned from an cual *sniff* and wouldnt mind an invite into this new guild...me was officer material and all :D i added you but aint bn able to catch u online. master leach is me :D

Officer material my arse. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

splinter wrote:
    me was officer material and all

rofflelmfaohahalolroffles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 de_sharkman

Splinter: psycho_frodo (Lanied Galen in-game) should be back online tomorrow (thursday) evening. Keep an eye out for him and I'm sure he'll be happy to send you an invite.

I'll look out for "Master Leach". I could possibly get one of the other officers to send you an invite.

BTW, my character is "Fuego Tacticus".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Reinstalled the game yesterday after 6 months, my old guild died along time ago apparently. Ill look out for ye, should be a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

apologies for not being around for the last while, Oblivion has my soul :( and xfire wasn't working with the game so I couldn't talk to my gf while playing like I normally did, might be on for a few hours this week though :D

Well we are still playing all the time anyhow. Waiting for Factions to come out next week and that should result in a few laughs

Well we are still playing all the time anyhow. Waiting for Factions to come out next week and that should result in a few laughs

• Advertisement

How do we preorder factions? Can we buy it online and download it or do we need to buy it from a pesky shop thing?

Advertisement