Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

You can do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

niall, kyubi - any chance of a full cual reunion if i bother my arse reinstalling the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I doubt i'll be back on as a CUALy tbh. :)

it is a dark day. methaphorically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

I think there might still be hope for CUAL yet with Factions out.

A lot of the old officers seem to be interested in getting off their arse and playing again.

But more importantly, there's a way to upgrade maxed Prophecies armour to the same level as maxed Factions armour! I can still use my Fissure armour!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Yeah I think there'll be a CUAL reunion alright...I'm sure I can convince Jodie and Drand to leave the Yank guild they joined...Furious is on the verge of giving in to peer pressure...Firefly has a new cardboard PC he'll want to show off on...I'll get Leach off his WoW addiction by buying him alcohol...Desprit hasn't much else to do now that the Provos have disbanded...Kyubi, well fair enough! And who knows, Mik might even make an appearance! :D He still has 600k+ in that account...which I still have access to... :D

Hope I'm not forgetting anybody...oh yeah, Mord... *punches Mord* :) Oh, and the guy who won our 200k + 100k worth of items raffle, where the hell did he go?!

I'll pick up Factions some time next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

hey master leach!!! get your arse back on cual and all the others that disbanded (including me!) as factions as just been releashed and activity on GW will have ben reborn so will CUAL.. and we ill get our old leader back fian adair and he will lead us to victory and fame!! all remainding ppls from cual stay.. lets get this show back on the road! all irish guilds should unite under the common flag CUAL. i still got a 56k and got a heck of update to get through but i willl be on in the coming week.

lets bring some pride back into teh irish so for those that i can remember get back online.. mord, jodie, fian, finidair, leach, eleanor, furious, sairus, kyubi and myself (same nick)
    long live CUAL

Haha, Raz, of course, how could I forget, one of the performers on the CUAL TeamSpeak song... Firn too, though didn't he move/get deported or something?

I'll pick up Factions on Monday and send an e-mail to everybody on our forum Sunday night, I'll let yous know then if we can get a few back together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

It begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

it begins indeed.
    i'll be picking up factions as soon as i can.. probably this week. ive jsut finished updating gw so if anyones on ill try and reach you. but probably wont be back on cual till monday. when i left gw i was part of a mainly irish guild, CELT if im still with them i will ask if any irish members wil join and rejoin Cual. also is CUAL going to start back being a "irish only guild" with small exceptions eg eleanor and others if that times comes.
    i think all the old members should become officers after teh reuion. it would be a good way to honour us :) im guessing only 5 - 10 of the old ppl will return anyways.
    fian/niall/whatever are you going to return to us as leader or whats the story with that anyway?
    as for firn no he didnt get deported (where did you get that from??) he still lives in galway but is moving to wales for collage( why i dont know)

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm leader again Raz, left the American guild I was in yesterday and moved back to the Euro servers. Was only joing about Firn...though they did use to send prisoners to Wales... ;)

I've sent around e-mails to everybody like I said anyway, that's about 50 former members, if even only 10 or so come back it'll be a start. But alot of people have said they have exams coming up and are waiting until after them to buy Factions, so it'll be slow at first.

With the new Alliance options we should definitely get all the Irish guilds together, we don't have to have one Irish guild, so stay in CELT if you want. I don't mind how many members we have, I don't wanna get into some stupid CS style bitching over who's guild is "better", so long as we have lots of the regulars that made playing the original game lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

I'd agree with the sentiments of the last post. Forming an irish alliance would be a bit of fun. So far our guild has about 12 members with about 7-8 actually really active. We are doing pretty well and have set up Teamspeak and Guild Hall etc. If Cual reform that's grand but if it all goes to pot don't give up the enthusiasm for getting involved again. There should be plenty of irish players around to form a few solid guilds and it would be great to see an Irish Alliance in existence.

The most part of our guild thus far are postgrads with no exam committments etc. or people with actual jobs so most of our gaming is done in the evenings and at weekends. If you guys have thoughts on how we could better work together just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

Just chipping in my two cents on this as well.

Good to see the activity on the thread and that the interest is there. An Irish guild alliance would be a lot of fun.

Currently frodo and myself are playing pretty much most nights and on TiG TS (we're also bf2 players in that clan). Just pop either of us a message (missius molcius, brawler badass, tasha necroum are my main characters) and we'll meet up somewhere and hop onto a common TS to have some decent games together.

Also with the direction factions is taking, guild alliances are def. a good thing (tm)

It won't go to pot, we've got all the old experienced CUAL heads back for Factions, with all the new guild options it's gonna be better than the first time to be honest. We've still got almost 40 Irish players in the guild...it's just getting them all on to play that's the problem! :D

Expecting to have about 15-20 actively playing Factions by the end of the month, have about 8 or 9 at the moment, about 6 of which are playing Factions. We won't be allying for a while though because we still don't know what Faction we're going with... :confused: Have to put it to a vote...or a scrimmage battle. ;)

Anybody looking for a guild can check us out at www.cual.co.nr, lots of experienced members, TS Server, had a decent GvG record back in the day, won HoH, with the busiest guild chat channel in the whole of Tyria and Cantha! CUAL FTW! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

go on the cual :D fine leachy is back in the game. ill b picking up factions soon enough...see you guys in game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

And who knows, Mik might even make an appearance! :D He still has 600k+ in that account...which I still have access to... :D

... hurries to chage his password :P You won't get my dosh that easy Fian! *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

lol. pwnt! :)

it begins indeed.
    i'll be picking up factions as soon as i can.. probably this week. ive jsut finished updating gw so if anyones on ill try and reach you. but probably wont be back on cual till monday. when i left gw i was part of a mainly irish guild, CELT if im still with them i will ask if any irish members wil join and rejoin Cual. also is CUAL going to start back being a "irish only guild" with small exceptions eg eleanor and others if that times comes.
    i think all the old members should become officers after teh reuion. it would be a good way to honour us :) im guessing only 5 - 10 of the old ppl will return anyways.
    fian/niall/whatever are you going to return to us as leader or whats the story with that anyway?
    as for firn no he didnt get deported (where did you get that from??) he still lives in galway but is moving to wales for collage( why i dont know)

nothing to do with the above post/quote, but im going to ingame kill you raz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 KTdesigner

Is there an active Irish Guild, and how can I join?

www.cual.co.nr

We're getting ready for the next GvG ladder season which starts next week. Check us out anyway, if you're interested in joining just leave a message on our forum or PM me your in-game name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so is their 2 irish guild going now?

I was in Cual way back. Just logged back in and my char is all intact etc.

I'm at level 12 and can't even remember how the game plays, is there any point in starting again or should i keep going?

psycho_frodo, what's the name of you guild?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

how yis lads, just bought Guild Wars been playing it about half an hour now and would love to have an irish guild to be in.

so post up how to join either of the irish ones yis are discussing.

cheers, look forward to hearing from ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just got factions today..

Absolutly fantastic game, with the graphics and crafting/spell system reminded me a lot of Asherons Call II.

I liked the way they make it look like its a MMOG when its more Diablo'ish.

Still fun.

KamiKazi wrote:
    how yis lads, just bought Guild Wars been playing it about half an hour now and would love to have an irish guild to be in.

so post up how to join either of the irish ones yis are discussing.

cheers, look forward to hearing from ye.

www.cual.co.nr is our Irish guild, currently have about 45 Irish members, of which about 20 are properly active. If you wanna join PM me your in-game name, I'll send you an invite.

The only downside so far is that I have completed the starter island and I am now level 18. According to the book the max level for a character is 20 and from what I have read I have probably seen less then 20% of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Why is that a downside? Level has never been a terribly big part of guild wars. The levelling process in the first installment was really just an extended tutorial. For factions it is obvious that A-Net decided to concentrate on level 20 content which the vast majority of pve players would want. If you are looking for low level content and you haven't already you should pick up the original game. the sub-level 20 content of it is close to the total content of factions.

Its not so much a downside more used to playing level based games. :)

I see now that it is less to do with levels and more to do with your planned loadout in skills, skill points assigned and weapons/armor/items before the mission.

Only recently realised you could reassign skill points in the city before heading out. My first character went to level 20 without me ever realising this. :o

The second character I've made now is a necromancer/Monk and I have to say they are practically tank-mages. I got to level 10 within 40 minutes. Partly due to the fact I got a "black Dye" drop on my first mission and sold it for 3 plat. :D

Hobbes wrote:
    Partly due to the fact I got a "black Dye" drop on my first mission and sold it for 3 plat. :D

Ack, Black Dye is worth over 7k! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I havent played factions at all, but in the normal guild wars there is a limit to the armour, once you hit that its as good as it gets. After that its all about aesthetics. In fact, most of the time you would get run through the game (or pay to be run through) in order to buy the end game armour, making the rest of the game alot easier.

But the point is, its really all about skills, their combo's and their uses.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

f you wanna join PM me your in-game name, I'll send you an invite.

i play as Irish KamiKazi

Advertisement