Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going over Eircom Cap

• 10-03-2006 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Can any one tell me if you get charged for going over eircoms cap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

There are numerous threads here regarding this. The short answer is that eircom have been upgrading their usage monitor and will start charging in the next few months. So be careful, and use the search function before someone gets pissy about the pointless threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

DannyGT wrote:
    Can any one tell me if you get charged for going over eircoms cap?

As far as I know according to the Eircom leaflet I got when I was ordering my Broadband that you do get charged for going over the limit. But you could argue that their stats page is never working, so you don't know how much you have used. I have not heard of anyone yet on this forum being charged for going over their download cap. Are you thinking about getting eircom broadband or do you already have them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

They have the right to. They generally don't. I've heard of one or two people getting charged... but they really were the exception.
    Expect them to start enforcing it over the next while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DannyGT

DonnybrookGhost: i already got it but ive used about 55gb out of my 40gb cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

DannyGT wrote:
    DonnybrookGhost: i already got it but ive used about 55gb out of my 40gb cap.
    Are you on a business package?
    If not the highest residential cap is 30gb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement