Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impressive

• 10-03-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

John Cena F.U.'ed the Big Show?
    That took some doing.
    *shows immense respect* :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

No it doesn't.

500 pound really is not that bad a weight to life for a guy who is as strong as Cena.

The F-5 would be much harder, or Angle giving him the old Angle Slam :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Dragan wrote:
    No it doesn't

500 pound really is not that bad a weight to life for a guy who is as strong as Cena.

The F-5 would be much harder, or Angle giving him the old Angle Slam :D

Are you for real?
    Bareing in mind Cena is only 6'1" and an awful lot lighter.To pick him up as easily as he did,then put 500 pounds across his back and shoulders,all of it pressing down on him and then throw him (as opposed to just letting him fall off his shoulders which I was more expecting) is impressive by any means.I can see other guys taller and bigger than Cena struggling to do that!

Cena was a natural bodybuilder and a professionally ranked powerlifter at one point.

If you look back at my statement you will see that i said "a guy as strong as Cena".

It is not impressive to me because it was not a test to him, he could do a damn site more than that dude.

Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Was'nt the 1st time it happened anyway, he fu-ed Show at WM XX in their US Title match, although Show kicked out of that one.

It was a decent enough move to achieve and deserves some credit, we're not talking about an irish whip to Super Porky here.

But, i think no matter what Cena does, some people will not be impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm surprised so many people are making a big deal out of it when he's done it before, and he's probably put on a good bit of muscle since then! There wasn't any question of if he could do it or not, of course he could

Btw, an irish whip to Super Porky would be a lot harder than you'd think, I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The F-5 to Big Show was way more difficult. Cena just has to shift Show to the side with the F-U while Lesnar has to bring Show over and down with the F-5.

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm surprised so many people are making a big deal out of it when he's done it before

Exactly, it has been done to death.

And besides, it's really just a Walk Out with 500 pounds, then dropping it and falling with it.

Look up a guy called Eryk Bui and you'll see a small man moving some really impressive weight.

The reasons Cena's lift of the Big Show does not impress me is not because i don't like Cena, i have huge respect for the guy (( as a bodybuilder and powerlifter funnily enough )), it's because he had done it before, and because i know what he used to life back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i thought it was awesome.... i didnt see the fu at WM20. but that was impressive never the less :D and triple h was stunned as well....

triple h was stunned as well....

Triple H was acting stunned , as far as i am aware Trips and Cena have worked out together in the past (( it would be unusual for them not to the amount of time they spend on the road and there dedication to the Iron Game )) Tips knows exactly how strong Cena is!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

quick reminder of trips acting ability. remember a few years back when foley wasn't fit to face HHH and foley announced his replacement as CACTUS JACK. HHH made the whole segment & match with his oh sh** reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

moongoose wrote:
    quick reminder of trips acting ability. remember a few years back when foley wasn't fit to face HHH and foley announced his replacement as CACTUS JACK. HHH made the whole segment & match with his oh sh** reaction.

so the crowd's deafening reaction didnt help that particular segment???

Ph3n0m wrote:
    so the crowd's deafening reaction didnt help that particular segment???

Course it did, but simply fact of the matter is that two people who will sell you and not care how it looks are Trips and young Randy.

And fair play to them.

Now if they would stop wrestling lazy life would be good.

Advertisement