Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiesto is ****

• 10-03-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody else feels this way too. Fair enough some of his earlier sets are good quality, Homelands`99 and Innercity`02 etc. and he has a few good productions, Lethal Industies, Traffic, Flight 535 and Love Comes Again to name a few. But lately hes just after selling out. And what really pisses me off is fools going around saying "Oh yeah Tiesto, hes deadly. Adagio for Strings is brilliant" and they havent got one clue about dance music.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Yes, if you know anything you will know this. He's brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭freddyf

The best thing you can do is not listen to his music. I used to get really worked up about how bad some djs where, but then i seen the light and stoped listening to them and listenend to the type of djs i liked. Now im not an angry person anymore.If i was only in government i hear you say.

PS . Tiesto is **** and always was ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ScanMan

Yo guys, hate to ruin your day, but Tiesto is KLASS! I've seen him play 4 times: Creamfields 2003, Godskitchen Point 2004, Redbox 2005 & Global Gathering Cork 2005, brill sets! Yo 'monksavage' that track is actually Flight 643! & happens 2b my ringtone!
    BTW, another Brilliant Dance DJ is James Zabiela who plays on Paddies day @ POD, cu there! :-):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

****e, I really don't like Zabiela. Saw him a few times and never rated him, and his Cd's are crap as well. Too technical - rather than just focusing on the music he plays too much with mixing and IMO it screws up the mixes. That's just my opinion though, please don't slate me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I agree 100% with OP. Funny when you look back to the days when had both winter party and godskitchen.........Even funnier to see how they only kept on godskitchen as it apppeals to maybe twice the amount of ppl who also happen to be scummers (99% anyway).

Anybody who basis their choice of Dj by the top 100 list cannot be taken seriously!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i actually enjoyed his set at global gathering last year:o
    i'd be interested to see him play to a small club (around 300-400 people), just to see if he's capable of playing anything other than (to coin a ****ty phrase) stadia trance

doubt i could be arsed going out of my way to see him again though
    definitely overrated, but he's not as bad as some make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I've seen him play a few times and always enjoyed his set. But I think he was better a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

He's the man for the kid's discos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

Tiesto is ****?

you got that right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

COMMERCIAL. COMMERCIAL. COMMERCIAL!!

what more can i say. its the type of "dance" music that aims for people who know nothing about dance music. the kind who think Clubmix 2006 is "banging"!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

he's no PVD

PVD is ****e

if thats your opinion, fair enough

i feel the same way about tiesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

ScanMan wrote:
    Yo guys, hate to ruin your day, but Tiesto is KLASS! I've seen him play 4 times: Creamfields 2003, Godskitchen Point 2004, Redbox 2005 & Global Gathering Cork 2005, brill sets! Yo 'monksavage' that track is actually Flight 643! & happens 2b my ringtone!
    BTW, another Brilliant Dance DJ is James Zabiela who plays on Paddies day @ POD, cu there! :-):)

Big difference between Zabiela and Tiesto here...
    I'd prefer a Zabiela set anyday to a Tiesto one as long as it wasn't all breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

COMMERCIAL. COMMERCIAL. COMMERCIAL!!

what more can i say. its the type of "dance" music that aims for people who know nothing about dance music. the kind who think Clubmix 2006 is "banging"!!

And what music do you listen to then?

but but but...clubmix 2006 is banging.....in limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

Ronanom wrote:
    And what music do you listen to then?

Techno all the way.
    I have listening to all variations of dance/electronic music since way back when and trance is always the one that never did anything for me. I find it TOO accessible and appeals to the lowest common denominator too much.

I have lots of live stuff by Tiesto and its just too chessey.
    No edge or bite to the stuff at all -

And thats why i think he's commercial

p.s. im not ragging on anyone's particular types/tastes in music as mine is as open to a ragging as much as trance/tiesto.

the Topic refers to Tiesto and i just answered honestly.

P.S. i would like to know the age of the average tiesto fan? (new topic maybe!!)

T&#225 wrote: »
    i feel the same way about tiesto.

So do I

ok...but PVD is better sh1te then tiesto sh1te?

Advertisement