Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post your fuel consumption here

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

97 318 coupe 33mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

'74 280ce Mercedes

About 12.5mpg on a long run.
    Less if about town.

Must get it seen to, it should be better, but I like to push her on and shes built like a brick split house (long before the days of the cd factor!)

........yeah I'd get it looked at, iot should be better than that !

My '64 Merc 230SL, old mechanical fuel injections system, 6 cylinder gets about 22MPG in general with about 25 on a long run cruising at 60MPH !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

06 320d sport 42mpg, heavier than the previous model(49mpg) but not run in yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Lexus RX 400h 35 MPG on a long run, 30 MPG around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dingding wrote:
    Lexus RX 400h 35 MPG on a long run, 30 MPG around town.

That's pretty good. Presume it's like the Prius in that if you're doing 50mph in a straight line all day fuel consmption is average enough, but once you hit some traffic it comes into its own

• Advertisement

It is good on a long run to, I think it is down to the CVT, it is bearly ticking over at 60 MPH. Also with the cruse control on, It will cut the engine at 60 going down hill, It is very good for the size of vehicle and power 272 BHP.

0-60 7.6 Sec

In the winter it would not be as good on a short distance as the petrol engine is on to warm up the cabin, including battery.

It also does not have a Turbo which helps consumption. :)

Never drove a 400H long enough to worry bout fuel consumption. Find the Prius can be average enough consumption wise unless you do urban driving, and no better than a 1.6 Avensis on the motorway.

Afraid hybrid only makes sense on big cars like the 400H at the moment as the cost of the hybrid hardware is a bit expensive relative to the rest of a €30,000 car.

On a seperate note, is't it brilliant that the 400H is around the same price as a 300 Sport once you take the VRT refund into account!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

dbre01 wrote:
    01 VW Golf Estate 1.9TDI

Generally getting between 50 to 65 depending on how heavy my right foot is! Most driving on motorway or national routes.

Dave.

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Only bought the car yesterday so only have the drive from cork to dublin to judge so far,

Renault Safrane 2.0.
    The on-board computer said 36mpg. Will check back in with city figures in the next few days.

The car weighs 1565 kgs (on the NCT cert) and I can only assume it has an 80 litre fuel tank for a reason. :)

colm_mcm wrote:

On a seperate note, is't it brilliant that the 400H is around the same price as a 300 Sport once you take the VRT refund into account!

And it is a higher spec and better performance :):)

• Advertisement

dingding wrote:
    And it is a higher spec and better performance :):)

About the only car to really benefit from the governments bizzare VRT system!

What colour did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Probably get 95-100miles per 10euro of diesel
    full thank 540miles(20 miles fuel warning light on)
    driving city and country
    I drive a 01 vw golf 1.9tdi commercial.
    Will be selling it aswell if my landcruiser ever arrives:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blipoc

VW Passat 1.9TDi 130BHP.

On average, I'm getting around 44mpg. On a long journey, can manage 58mpg!

Will be selling it aswell if my landcruiser ever arrives:mad:

it'll be worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Calculations based on driving to & from work daily.
    34 mile round trip at an average speed of 40mph with very little stop/starts.

Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 (29.5mpg)
    BMW 523i (2.5l) (30.2mpg)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

That's c.27 mpg. Not too bad considering the perforamnce available.

It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. My friends STI impreza drinks petrol. He would be lucky to get 200 miles out of €50.

Was thinking about an M3 but the fuel economy isn't exactly stellar :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

2003 Volvo S60 2.0T Auto - €75 to fill tank, about 290 miles!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

My Brother's Octavia 1.9 TDi 90BHP

His long term average is in excess of 62mpg!!

I've borrowed it for some long journeys and have never failed to acheive 70mpg, even above 80mpg on a 400mile round trip which included going through Dublin city centre twice. That day, motorways were slow...big difference between going at 50mph and 80mph, or should that be 80 and 130km/h :rolleyes:

I can't praise that engine enough :)

Mothman wrote:
    My Brother's Octavia 1.9 TDi 90BHP

His long term average is in excess of 62mpg!!

I've borrowed it for some long journeys and have never failed to acheive 70mpg, even above 80mpg on a 400mile round trip which included going through Dublin city centre twice. That day, motorways were slow...big difference between going at 50mph and 80mph, or should that be 80 and 130km/h :rolleyes:

I can't praise that engine enough :)

sounds a little far fetched, even Skoda themselves wouldn't claim to never fail to achieve 70mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Theres a few dodgy claims in this thread. Some people are claiming far better
    MPG on petrol than is possible with a diesel! :eek:

Approx, since I never seem to get around to working it out properly

1L Micra 27mpg peaktime urban crawl €30 for 220 miles
    2L Primera 20-27mpg peaktime urban crawl €45 for 250 miles
    1.7 TD Astra 450 miles urban
    1.9 D Vento 400 miles urban
    1.1 Fiesta 30mpg 230 miles urban

Best I ever had was a '91 CRX 16v 1.6. Used to do about 250-300 on €20-25

The Primera has a trip computer and the average MPH on a journey in traffic is what kills the MPG. Some urban journeys you get an average of 20 mph. However its dropped as low as an average of 9mph when the traffic really bad. Average is about 17mph.

Can't wait to get back cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

2004 Land Rover Discovery TD5 Auto - 2.5L diesel - 27MPG average (typically includes motorway, main road, and a good bit of mountain lanes). Used to get around 33MPG average on my old 2000 Discovery TD5 manual (commercial, so was lighter than my current one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

colm_mcm wrote:
    sounds a little far fetched,

Well I was sceptical, but the onboard computer has been confirmed by filling at the pumps, unless it is clocking miles too quickly, something that would be fairly easy to check, but haven't.
    I've only done 200+ mile journeys in it and so don't do much time with a cold engine. Consumption is nearly double when starting off with cold engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

How do you start with a hot engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Full tank every week costs 45 euro approx and gets me 450-500 KM.Honda Intega Type R. All open road driving mostly on the N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

New toyota Avensis 2L diesel, got an average of 50mpg with an average speed of 39mph on a two hour drive there on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

colm_mcm wrote:
    Avensis 2.0 D-4D 03 (Old Shape) 51.7 mpg mixed driving

Same car: 42mpg on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

How do you start with a hot engine?

After a run, smartypants;)

maidhc wrote:
    Same car: 42mpg on average.

That's good if you do a lot of urban driving. Even in the Avensis going at 50mph in a straight line, the trip computer never shows over 65mpg. I'd nearly buy an octavia if it "never failed to get below 70mpg" Amazing when a VW Lupo with the same engine can't compete with an Octavia.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

97 Toyota Landcruiser SWB 3.0TD
    Average 28-30 mpg all rural driving.
    keep below 80kph and the figure improves to about 32 mpg
    Not bad for a 1800kg vehicle with 185k on the clock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Shanerie

02 Alfa 147 1.6 = averages 36.5mpg

Advertisement