Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers, Thursday 30th March, Porterhouse Templebar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

SebtheBum wrote:
    Yeah absolutely... Frankly, a few of us were wondrin why ya weren't at the one on thursday!:p

...But then you obviously have more of a life away from boards than some of us *cough* so that wouldn't be somethin to be ashamed of or anythin...

PM peachypants ur number, she's good for tellin ya what's goin' down...

ok, thank you, i would have gone before but I haven't really been around that long so I didn't wanna impose! I'll PM peachy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

its hard to impose on a piss up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Seraphina wrote:
    and keep the badge fixation on the down low ffs. i mean, nobody else noticed! :p

I think these liberated badges are the answer for your skinny jeans dilemia:D

Ooo I might be able to bring a friend.. shes a boardsie too [mainly on the music forums] and shes gorgeous!! ....Oh and shes crazier than me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

elmyra wrote:
    Um....can I come? I kinda want to but I wouldn't recognise any of you or anything!
    Lol... I think maybe I'd recognise four of you guys, but I'm still going... *will be looking for Panda, AngelofFire and pretty*monster*

Actually, on a random side issue - and maybe this woulda been better suited on the Know Your UCD-ians thread, but if there was a particular method of attire that boardsies could wear for a day or two so that we'd actually be able to pick each other out in our random travels around UCD. You know, like those wristband things they put on you in Bondi these days - one in sky blue or something, just so that rather than trying to remember faces from the other thread, we could give each other knowing smiles and the like.

Now that you've all privately scoffed at this idea, I'm going back into my shell for the evening. Thankyouplease!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yea sure....I will if you will....

/me sniggers

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Is it really horribly sad that I thought Gav's idea was a good one?

Yes?

Ok...

/me crawls back under my rock

I hate you all. :P

Thats a cool idea actually singingstranger... but a wristband isnt very visible... Any other ideas folks?

How about... a badge?:D

• Advertisement

Well, it's less of an eyesore than everyone wearing illuminous bike jackets! I dunno, if anyone has any ideas...

SebtheBum wrote:
    How about... a badge?:D
    /saw this coming

Seraphina probably still has a sh*tload of those Chocolate Truffle Stout (yuck) badges... I know I do... We could wear them. Or, failing that, somethin similar.

or....and i'm thinking outside the box here people.....we could all just post our pictures on the know your UCDians thread and be able to spot each other that way. :p

I already know what gav looks likes anyway :)

or....and i'm thinking outside the box here people.....we could all just post our pictures on the know your UCDians thread and be able to spot each other that way. :p

I already know what gav looks likes anyway :)
    My pic's not on that thread...

/is just a little curious and worried in equal measure

Can I ask how?!

Well, it's less of an eyesore than everyone wearing illuminous bike jackets! I dunno, if anyone has any ideas...
    see that wouldnt work, theres a lad in one of my lectures who wears one of those quite regularly and I dont think he's a boardsie!!

Can I ask how?!

You were having lunch one day in the student bar with a guy i know (well, i'm good friends with his good friend).

That, and I'm in Scraggs's stalking club :p

If I was eating with him then he's likely to be a classmate.

And the bass keeps runnin'-runnin', and runnin'-runnin'...

Man I know this stalking malarky is goin to come back and bite me in the ass... I'm really not that bad...

and runnin'-runnin'...let's get it started in here etc. etc.

Scraggs wrote:
    see that wouldnt work, theres a lad in one of my lectures who wears one of those quite regularly and I dont think he's a boardsie!!
    You stalk him that much, huh.

*See? It really is that easy to prove that you're a stalker:p

• Advertisement

If I was eating with him then he's likely to be a classmate.

And the bass keeps runnin'-runnin', and runnin'-runnin'...

He goes by the name of gary....

Right...

Anyway, anyone else with any good ideas for what-to-wear-to-identify? I'm beginning to think maybe if people wore badges with their avatar on them or something it might be an idea.

SebtheBum wrote:
    You stalk him that much, huh.

*See? It really is that easy to prove that you're a stalker:p

ah come on its not hard to miss!! EDIT; the lumo-jacket that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm not wearing a badge of a fox wearing a Pink shawl around college......anyways most people know who panda is at this stage....I wish I could go back to anyominity:(

You could always wear a badge or a sticker with the WWF logo or something... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's hard to dress as nothing... I'm definitely not going naked. The luminous orange "Vote Sean" stickers were as far as I go. The badges thing is a good idea, but stickers might be more convenient. We could just get some luminous stickers from a newsagents and write a big B on them... people will be intrigued, we can pretend to be a cult or something!

I really want to go on the 30th, but one of my best friends is in a play and it's a major deal for him, so I have to go one of the two nights it's on, and I have another commitment on the other night it's on... although I could cancel... and drinking has recently reclaimed a place in my heart... Plus Boardsies are lovely as a rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

could get those things that u hang around your neck ( like event security have etc) tho it would require everyone having managed to aquire one form somewhere ..... bits of string tied around our heads rambo style anyone? :)

B-K-DzR wrote:
    bits of string tied around our heads rambo style anyone? :)

oh please do it!! I would love to walk into the pub and see you all sitting there with a tie or something around your heads!

the boys only of course ;)

As with all things, get me drunk enough and you'll get your wish...

... I'm talking about the Rambo-style tie-on-head thing, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I find that I know hove to work on the assumption that everyone in ucd recognises me. :rolleyes:

Sample conversations from last week, 'hey, i voted for you, gimmee a cigarette'
    Ok well, it's not usual that blatant, but it's odd nonetheless, like being famous, only probably not as good.

At any rate I should be up for busting my ucd boards beers cherry on the 30th.

Advertisement