Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers, Thursday 30th March, Porterhouse Templebar

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hmmm chances of this happening in Coppers.........?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*ahem* that'd be a no then. :p

Anyone have any realistic suggestions :)

I kinda like the original Porterhouse in Temple Bar. Its nice at the back bar and its easy for conversation.

What say ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, let's return to the original Porterhouse.
    Most of our good beers have been there anyway, and (uniquely) it offers the chance of Seb having a decent convo wit someone without having to shout "WHAT?!?!" at them every couple of seconds. Just a chance, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Coppers sucks balls - FACT

I'm away for the next week. I can't guaranteee I'll get on a computer over the next week. If this goes ahead on Thursday week I could (depending on my flight arrival) make it between 11-12 however I won't know what venue I'm going to. If I haven't come online here by next Wednesday would someone give me a text to let me know whats goin' on (abliet an expensive text since I'll be abroad) and *cough*Seb and Panda are the only ones who have my numba!*cough* ;)

P.S. Doyles or Porterhouse FTW! (I hate that ''FTW'' word! :mad: )

Yea I think Porterhouse and then onto Doyles would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Coppers sucks balls - FACT

Thats why they call it Slappers-Face-Jacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It is, and I quote "The number 1 place to get your hole, if you don't care what else you're getting. A rabid leper'd pull in Coppers."

God, I miss that man... he lit up those big gay nights out. *sighs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So Im guessing you werent all at coppers 10th birthday last night then:)
    ??

I swear it is a myth that coppers is a really sleazy place-it great craic where you can have a great laugh,a good chat,a good boogey and it doesnt mater if your wearing your wellies and your leitrem top.

Yep-I think the porterhouse in temple bar was good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I agree with ya Panda!

I have a habit of getting lost in Temple Bar where alcohol is concerned so I'm gonna need detailed directions off somebody please!

Ok best way to explain it.....

You're standing at central bank with your back to the actual bank itself. Walk to your right. Stay on that side of the road and keep walking, up past the Olympia. When you get to a big black cafe/bar (Thomas Reads) turn right. Stay on the same side fo the road and keep going down. You'll see the Turks head across the road....walk down a little bit further and you'll see the Porterhouse right on the corner.

When you walk in, go straight ahead, up the few little steps and you'll be at the smaller, back bar where boneless will no doubt be on a stool to your right just as you come up the steps.

:)

If I've gotten any of that wrong please people, correct me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I've never been to Coppers. I'd like to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

^Haven't been there since I was 15!
    Good night, we arrived in a huge Merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Was there when I was 17, twas an over 20s night and you should have seen these women, over 30 more like it

What, you mean nobody told them that 30 comes before 20? Shockin'! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Was there when I was 17, twas an over 20s night and you should have seen these women, over 30 more like it
    Ya still 'would' though right !?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Dont mind where we go really ;)

Porterhouse in templebar is diagonally opposite the turks head if thats any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Does there exist a decent public house in Dublin that refrains from inflicting excessively loud background music on its patrons and permits the possibility of conversation at a normal voice level? If so, can I suggest that we go there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Samos wrote:
    Does there exist a decent public house in Dublin that refrains from inflicting excessively loud background music on its patrons and permits the possibility of conversation at a normal voice level? If so, can I suggest that we go there?

There are few of them left!! I could suggest a few but ye young trendy types wouldn't like the oul fellas bars I like!!

boneless wrote:
    There are few of them left!! I could suggest a few but ye young trendy types wouldn't like the oul fellas bars I like!!
    Do tell us where they are. And any bar that contains us would necessarily be a trendy bar too due to our very presence!

Well, there's Hartigans on Leeson Street; Fallons on the Coombe; Neds in Townshend Street; Mulligans in Hawkins Street... I could go on... there are some around the outskirts too.

Great, let's go to Hartigan's. We can get a decent Guinness, squash ourselves into a corner and avoid the entusiastic advances of Ma Hartigan!

• Advertisement

I introduced young Seb to the delights of Ma Mulligan last night!! A formidable lady!!!!

She's an oul battleaxe alright - I coulda sworn she was gonna ram my change down my throat if I so much as nodded greetings to her.

Nice lady...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

/puts neck on block and asks if there's a final decision on venue

Yeah, it was actually decided quite a while ago that this one would be in Porterhouse Central, Templebar.

boneless wrote:
    Well, there's Hartigans on Leeson Street; Fallons on the Coombe; Neds in Townshend Street; Mulligans in Hawkins Street... I could go on... there are some around the outskirts too.

It's funny, no taxi driver knows where Poolbeg St. is (Mulligans is on Poolbeg St, AFAIK Boneless), nor do they know where the Dept. of Health and Children is (across the road from Mulligans, it's on Poolbeg St. anyway) but when you mention Mulligans, they all know where you're going. Gas!

Alright folks, the last hurrah is as follows........

Date: Thursday 30th of March
    Venue: Porterhouse, Temple Bar (then probably on to Doyles)
    Time: 8pm onwards.

Hope to see you all there.

Blush_01 wrote:
    It's funny, no taxi driver knows where Poolbeg St. is (Mulligans is on Poolbeg St, AFAIK Boneless), nor do they know where the Dept. of Health and Children is (across the road from Mulligans, it's on Poolbeg St. anyway) but when you mention Mulligans, they all know where you're going. Gas!

Mea culpa!! It is on Poolbeg Street!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I should make Porterhouse sometime between 11-12.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

i shall be there as long as this bloody cold doesnt get any worse. Have had it all break which is a major pain.

I shall be buying the cheapest crap available as i cant taste anything anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ok where is this place?
    is there a dress code?
    can i get up on the tables and dangle my bits and bobs for the delight of the crowd?

Advertisement