Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread can't be accessed

Options
  • 10-03-2006 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I originally posted this thread in the Feedback forum, but it probably should have gone here in the first place.

A thread in the Greystones / Charlesland forum has gone AWOL. I get the "eoin_s, you do not have permission to access this page" message when I try to access it. Gordon checked the thread, and he could not access it either, which would make it seem like it has been moved to a Private hosted forum?

Here is the thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054873428

Could someone with the appropriate permissions have a look at the thread and let me know what happened to it please?

thanks,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is there any chance someone can help me out with this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

No, this thread has been blocked from the public due to legal reasons. When we get threads that make slanderous or libelous claims against individuals or organisations that result in threats of legal proceedings and/or where it is likely that there is a basis for those legal proceedings, we must act and remove the posts in question.

Only admins can access such blocked threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cloud wrote:
    No, this thread has been blocked from the public due to legal reasons. When we get threads that make slanderous or libelous claims against individuals or organisations that result in threats of legal proceedings and/or where it is likely that there is a basis for those legal proceedings, we must act and remove the posts in question.

Only admins can access such blocked threads.

Hi Cloud, thanks for the response. Someone filled me in on why this had been moved - sounds like things have gotten quite out of hand :(

While on the topic, this came up in the new version of the thread, and already there seems to be some debate over what exactly people can say about companies. It would be great if an admin could put a response up on what exactly can or can't be said as there is a LOT of confusion over this. I have already had to edit someone's post, and come under some criticism for it.

The new thread is here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054902802

Advertisement