Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you discovered things anew?

Options
  • 10-03-2006 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

So many people have ipods and zens now with all there music on them, anyone rediscovered great albums of late? Everyone seems to have them on in the library anyways.

Personally, discovered Tom Waits Closing Time again in the library whilst trying to learn some anatomy - deadly album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I found Son of Evil Reindeer last week. Made me feel so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My lovely horse was knocking around the iPod for some reason. Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Joni Mitchell's Clouds.

Beautiful album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Magical Mystery Tour...

I'd Forgotten how good an album it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The album that Apocalyptica did where they do instrumental versions of lots of Metallica songs. Mmm. :)

• Advertisement

I am so very incredibly drunk right now.

I love Bill Hicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

westlifes first album:o and
    Dylans 'Blonde On Blonde':)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Only finally stumbled across The Bends by Radiohead again a while back - amazing stuff, really unbelievable.

Absolution by Muse, if listened to in one go too, is phenomenal.

Scraggs wrote:
    I don't think I'll be able to keep a straight face in your presence anymore, darlin...

On-topic: Rediscovered an absolute sh*tload of Green Day stuff I'd forgotten I had, most cherishably (did I just invent that word?) Smoothed Out Slappy Hours. Great stuff.

Oh, and I rediscovered Hybrid Theory mere milliseconds before rediscovering how sh*t it was in the first place...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Scraggs wrote:
    bit of a contrast there eh?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

OTT - This One's for You

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Highway 61 / Bob Dylan
    Discography / Pet Shop Boys
    Beautiful Freak / The eels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:
    Oh, and I rediscovered Hybrid Theory mere milliseconds before rediscovering how sh*t it was in the first place...

Anyone like yourself who even owns/or has owned a copy of any Linkin Park album deserves to be castrated by the balls for crimes against music.

OT: Gotten into The Kinks and The Doors (Jim's voice is soooo dreamy!) alot lately on top of my other usual musical addictions such as The Holy Bible by the Manics, anything The Smiths, Oasis, The Libertines..... and I estimate that I've listened to Arctic Monkeys debut roughly about 700 billion times of late and desperately need to go cold turkey with that album or I'll be talking with a Sheffield accent very soon!

Anyone like yourself who even owns/or has owned a copy of any Linkin Park album deserves to be castrated by the balls for crimes against music.
    Never owned it. Nuff sed.

Rediscovered Evanescence due to the joys of rarities, b-sides and other unreleased beauties that are far, far better than anything on Fallen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

The Who - Tommy. Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ross Breen - Happy Happy Happy

Ross Breen.com

I was walking to the supermarket this evening in the rain when Build Me Up, Buttercup came on... I danced the whole way there. What a great song!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

One of the guys in work put on Pink Floyd's The Wall album in work today, yum :)
    I'd forgotten how good it was.

One of the guys in work put on Pink Floyd's The Wall album in work today, yum :)
    I'd forgotten how good it was.
    Yeah, I remember a year or so ago, I went in to Chapters to sell some old College books, and the bloke behind the counter was playing the Wall. I sparked up conversation about it and we chatted about Pink Floyd for ages - til a queue began to form, and the ppl in it began to get ever-so-slightly miffed...

Wonder what happened to that guy, he doesn't work there anymore...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

ahem that could be the problem.

Superquinn in ballinteer were playing Thin Lizzy the album this morning. Good stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VenusInFurs

A couple of friends stayed in the Rossport solidarity camp this weekend. Personally however, I prefer clean, sparkling toilet bowls instead of putrid, **** swims; frothy cappucinos rather than herbal tea that tastes like the Mayo bog water; and 10 hours sleep in my own bed at home in B'sloe instead of an insomnia nightmare in a half inch of water in a crammed tent.

So last night, while I lay in my warm bed while the rain lashed against my double-glazed window, I thought of my moronic friends camping up in Rossport, and played 'Kill All Hippies' by Primal Scream. XTRMNTR (vowels are evil, you see) and its punk/electronica sound reminded me why I ditched the guitar, weed and the haircut to embrace synths, speed and, erm, new haircuts. This album is a monumental sonic statement of its time. I haven't looked back since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Red Alert wrote:
    ahem that could be the problem.

Superquinn in ballinteer were playing Thin Lizzy the album this morning. Good stuff!

Thinlizzy in Superquinn-what next mettalica in spar?
    I'm going through a really country phase at the mo.I'm kinda worried cos I thought it would only last a couple of weeks but has now gone on for about two years:o Hence me having best of country albums in my walkman in the library.But its a good soundtrack to librocops swagger.

panda100 wrote:
    Um... Where to begin... Maybe should start off by pointing out that a Thin Lizzy track was used in a Pat the Baker ad, therefore it is not an unreasonable leap to think that TL would lend emselves pretty well to Superquinn... Secondly, Thin Lizzy and Metallica in the same sentence? Aside from both doing covers of Whisky in the Jar, I fail to see any - repeat, ANY- similarity between the two.

Baffling.

panda100 wrote:
    I'm going through a really country phase at the mo.I'm kinda worried cos I thought it would only last a couple of weeks but has now gone on for about two years:o Hence me having best of country albums in my walkman in the library.But its a good soundtrack to librocops swagger.

That's really something you shouldn't admit to Elisa. Totally not cool :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

That's really something you shouldn't admit to Elisa. Totally not cool :(

You've got to love the musical snobbery :rolleyes:

Can we please not slag people over their musical choices?

The best type of music taste is a broad one.

You said it peachy, I seem to remember being on the receiving end of a lot of slagging over my musical taste the other night!

We played all kinds of cr*p on Belfield FM...

Seriously, if you don't have a broad musical taste, don't work in a radio station! There's so many styles and genres covered that a person with broad taste will always have a better time of it than somebody who's gonna spend most of the day griping about whatever's being played...

I like most stuff tho, or at least I'll give everythin a chance.

Cept Westlife. For shame.

Westlife rock...

well ok not exactly rock... but they sing nice songs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I have to say though, they destroyed Uptown Girl by Billy Joel (the amount of young people that thought that was a Westlife original was criminal) and they were nowhere near as good as Josh Grobin on You Raise Me Up.

On the plus side, hopefully their covering those songs will open people up to other artists once they're aware that the songs are covers.

• Advertisement

You've got to love the musical snobbery :rolleyes:

Can we please not slag people over their musical choices?

Seriously, no malice was intended. It was just a gentle ribbing.

Advertisement