Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you discovered things anew?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dirty secret #1 - I love Duran Duran.

Dirty secret #2 - I've been listening to Notorious all day long. It was all I could do not to sing it aloud for the hour and forty minutes it took for me to get from Heuston to Limerick Junction.

More to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VenusInFurs

I really love Duran Duran too. They have heavily influenced more contemporary electro acts like Adult and Ladytron. Synth pop at its very finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I really love Duran Duran too..

Haha-Id love to gently rib you over that one too-but peachy will ban me so I'l just stay quiet while quietly laughing to myself.....hehe duran duran........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I'm listening to Fletwood Mac's Rumours at the moment. Every song is a classic, but it's a little short at forty minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

panda100 wrote:
    Haha-Id love to gently rib you over that one too-but peachy will ban me so I'l just stay quiet while quietly laughing to myself.....hehe duran duran........

Nice way of getting around it there..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah... Subtle as a shotgun blast tbh...

Getting into Placebo a lot now that they're apparently releasing a new album, haven't heard anythin off of that, but I'm readying myself by listening to Without You I'm Nothing and Sleeping With Ghosts. Fine albums.

P.S. I like duran duran too, always liked LeBon's voice, but to call them "Synth pop at its very finest" smacks of hyperbole tbh... Better than ELO, New Order, OMD, f**k it, even Gary Numan? I wouldn't say so. Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ah good ol gary numan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Tom Waits, 'The Black Rider'. I forgot how good it was.

Got a copy of Ry Cooders 'Chavez Ravine' too; awesome.

Advertisement