Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Recon

Options
  • 10-03-2006 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Friend going doing this to his wifes car , got me thinkin ,
    my own aint running to well , Feels like its missing about 30bhp at times, not as clean running as it use to be

Would getting the Engine Reconditioned help this ?
    How much am i talkin about if I do this?( under 700euro or around would be worth it)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What car, how old, how many miles.

A good service and tune up might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Joeface wrote:
    Would getting the Engine Reconditioned help this ?

Answer invariably is no. There can be a million reasons for you can being down on power, and it being a bit worn probably isnt one of them.

Getting a small tractor engine reconditioned costs €2k (with new clutch, injectors etc), I cant see how a car would be much cheaper.

Unless you have an E type or something red from italy it probably isnt worth it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Without knowing what is wrong then you are just wasting money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Cars lose power in lots of ways - you would be better off trying to find out what is wrong with it. Again, depending on the car a simple diagnostic check and see if there are any fault codes on the ECU, followed by some tuning. I have seen fresh HT leads and a service make all the difference to a tired motor. More info on car please?

For engine reconditioning, Engine Spares in Lanesboro can't be beaten but you have to take the head off and bring it to them...

'cptr

Advertisement