Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desired improvements to be included in Pro Evo 6??

Options
  • 10-03-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

(This thread has probably been created before but what the hell...)
    Provided there is one (and there will be) what improvements would you like to see in the next installment.
    Besides the obvious - commentry (tho its pretty funny), team names, empty stadiums etc. mine'd be the offside rule - id like them to get decisions wrong sometimes, the current system is horribly tight and harsh, making it a bit more unpredictable would liven things up methinks.
    Refs arent harsh enough in 5, cynical tackles outside the box too often go unpunished, tho the fewer sendings off the better, its just im getting like .23 yellow cards per game, id like it to be higher to punish those cynical tackles.
    Some of the movements by forwards is often ridiculous as well, getting offside on too many situations where they really shouldnt, the odd time is alright but its just too frequent.
    Itd be nice to have some more international teams as well, and maybe a few more customisable teams apart from PES and WE united.
    Otherwise its a perfect game! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Otherwise its a perfect game! :D

Highly disagree but not for the points you raise either. :)

Master League needs binning and a proper league structure (20 teams for first division please) needs to be introduced. The premise of young talent etc.. is good and can stay but the whole thing needs expanding to make it fun again. More management options, like which defenders go up for corners, who is in your wall for defending free kicks. Simple things like that could be implemented so easily and can change things drastically but are always omitted.
    More clever goalkeepers would be nice, as would an improvement in the dodgy throw-in system.

I'll think of more and possibly post again soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

offside rule is really starting to annoy
    the empty stadiums is annoying
    commentary is annoying

master league is fine as it is but give an option of say doing a premiership season with european cups and so on and make it continuous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

More control over the chipped ball, all i ever wanted since iss98 and still its not quite right.

Licences and the ML to be full league seasons in a real league.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The bad commentary is a part of Pro Evo, if it were to go it wouldn't feel right.
    Has anyone ever changed the language to spanish just to hear "GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL" when you score? Its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Haha yeah.

Although it reached its peak in WE6FE, the Japanese commentators in that went properly mental sometimes, it almost made scoring the actual goal less of an achievement as you'd just want to hear what reaction would load from those guys!

Damn, makes me want to play it again.... or at least import the sounds into WE9. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

The Eircom League in the game, it or FIFA either one, if they brought the Irish teams in I wouldn't give a monkeys about anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'd like a return to gameplay evocative of PES4 instead of the ultra slowness of PES5.. the usual licenses, stadia etc. I'd like an improvement in the graphics if possible, not that they're bad now, it's just that they're not that great in comparison to FIFA (which is a **** game with good visuals...), then again the next PES I buy will be on the 360 so there's going to be somewhat of an improvement. Yeah, I agree about the Master League, it's flawed and needs to be addressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

I'd like them to tweak the AI a bit when you're defending, far too often I'll be tracking a man back on the wing, and the centre half will storm over for no reason leaving a gaping hole in the middle of defence

sometimes the computer will also switch control to another player at a really bad time, really grinds my gears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Fix the Master League AI. It's waaaay too defensive. If I spend another match trying to break down 10 men in a penalty box, I'm going to cry.
    I'd like to see more Leagues, South America/Asia would be nice. I'm not so bothered about the licencing, as long as there's more teams/players to mess around with.
    More options in Formations. Someone else mentioned choosing which defenders to bring up for cornors, that's a pretty good idea. It'd also be nice to be able to choose how your players line up for a cornor, or a free kick.
    I'd like the animations to be a little more slick/quicker. The overall pace of the game is fine, but some of the moves drive me nuts in how they're executed.
    Also, the lines strikers run could be improved. They were better in the last PES imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

no advantages for offsides is annoying and the

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

1) More skills...the ability to do kick ups, and just far more skills to do especially for a player like Ronaldinho...and just more stuff to do with the ball.

2) Control over the chipped ball

3) I hate the fact defenders can catch up with players blatantly faster than them

4) Lessen offside rule...make it more controversial

5) choosing which lads to be in the box at set pieces

6) Bigger pitches!

Advertisement