Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leon Cupra R

Options
  • 10-03-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Still looking for one of these, a 04 is my target, standard, not chipped, the 05 on carzone is a bit steep. If anyone hear's of one for sale I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

man you'll be really lucky to get one. I've only seen 2 since I got my Leon 12 months ago. I'll be going abroad in June to import a Cupra R, just saving for VRT and insurance now. I wouldnt bother waiting for one to pop up on the Irish market, to expensive and so little to pick from.
    A simple remap and they push out 270 odd BHP!!! Phwarrrrr

just out of interest, what insurance company will insure you? Im with Fbd but they wont go near me, the most powerful Leon they will quote me for is a CupraT 180, 3yrs ncb,24

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ando wrote:

Surely that wouldn't be any use in a FWD car? Maybe I'm a bit behind but the only mainstream cars I've come across with well over 200bhp that are driving real well are Alfa Romeos

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Power outputs are up again. I've ordered a Focus ST - 225bhp I think.

unkel wrote:
    Surely that wouldn't be any use in a FWD car? Maybe I'm a bit behind but the only mainstream cars I've come across with well over 200bhp that are driving real well are Alfa Romeos

I don’t really understand what you mean Unkel? Are you thinking the car will have no grip with all the power and will be continually wheelspinning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

ando wrote:
    I don’t really understand what you mean Unkel? Are you thinking the car will have no grip with all the power and will be continually wheelspinning?

I think you'd be more worried about torque steer, wheelspinning would be stopped/reduced by traction control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 noellyk

ando wrote:
    man you'll be really lucky to get one. I've only seen 2 since I got my Leon 12 months ago. I'll be going abroad in June to import a Cupra R, just saving for VRT and insurance now. I wouldnt bother waiting for one to pop up on the Irish market, to expensive and so little to pick from.

Did you see that 03 for sale in the autotrader last week, remapped to 270.
    All I know is that there is definetly a handfull of 03's and 04's floating around out there, 10 maximum, but i know what your saying, much cleaner examples across the pond, might have to go up the path aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 noellyk

ando wrote:
    just out of interest, what insurance company will insure you? Im with Fbd but they wont go near me, the most powerful Leon they will quote me for is a CupraT 180, 3yrs ncb,24

well im 26, 5 yrs ncb and also with fbd, the lady didn't sound very impressed giving me the quote but she brought herself too it in the end, 1750 yo yo's.

noellyk wrote:
    1750 yo yo's.

cheapest I can get is 2500 fully comp for the cupraR

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ando wrote:
    Squirrel wrote:
    I think you'd be more worried about torque steer, wheelspinning would be stopped/reduced by traction control

Bit of both really. What's the point in having 260bhp, when effectively you wouldn't really have more than say 160 - 170bhp

Unless you need it for straight line acceleration from 50km/h to 200km/h with nobody else on the road. You'll have the full power then alright :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

whats the adverts in the autotrader about britton insurance offering peformance car insurance from €719 , no bonus required.

theres nothing about it on there website.

sorry its a little off topic but if your looking for insurance on a cupra r you might want to look into it.

draffodx wrote:
    whats the adverts in the autotrader about britton insurance offering peformance car insurance from €719 , no bonus required.

theres nothing about it on there website.

sorry its a little off topic but if your looking for insurance on a cupra r you might want to look into it.

lol their the ones that are quoting me €2500. They offered to give me full comp on a cupra R for €1100 but if I was in an accident, I'd be required to pay the first €4500 which is a bit pointless imo. They didnt tell me anything about the €719 policy? I suspect there's a catch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ando wrote:
    lol their the ones that are quoting me €2500. They offered to give me full comp on a cupra R for €1100 but if I was in an accident, I'd be required to pay the first €4500 which is a bit pointless imo. They didnt tell me anything about the €719 policy? I suspect there's a catch

its just a small square ad in the autrotrader on the modified cars pages, i've given up on getting myself a performance car until i get through college so i wasnt ringing up about it or anything, highly likely there's a big catch, probably to do with a voluntary excess as you've mentioned above.

it also says from €719, damn that word from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

ando wrote:

Hey Ando did you get your R in the UK?? I have decided i want one. Not mad on new leon and dont like the GTI and although i like the vrs it seems
    slightly conservative. used to own a cupra tdi and i loved it, probably should never have sold it! Looking at uk prices and vrt i would hope to pick
    up a 04 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Hey, Just a bit of advice while I myself am over in the UK. If you're looking for a CupraR, Come over here and pay the VRT. You will be spoiled with choice over here, They are quite common here tbh, Seen quite a few on the road over the last few days. Get a few post codes and search autotrader.co.uk There should be a good few on there.

Thanks hungryjoey. Ye there seems to be a fair few of them on autotrader.co.uk so i will be taking a little trip me thinks.

You should also get one a fair bit cheaper, and get one with the right level of spec to suite you there. IMO it would be well worth the trip to pick up a Cupra R

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

2003 Cupra R in yellow

Looking in the 29june to 5 july issue of Auto Trader, David Prentice of Portadown/Omagh have a 2005 Leon CupraR Silver grey met,charcoal spt inter,sports pack,22k for £12,995
    or
    2003 Seat Leon CupraR 20k red 225bhp for £12,495.

Can't view either cars on their website.They only seem to have BMW's on view.

• Advertisement

2003 Cupra R in yellow

Looking in the 29june to 5 july issue of Auto Trader, David Prentice of Portadown/Omagh have a 2005 Leon CupraR Silver grey met,charcoal spt inter,sports pack,22k for £12,995
    or

That yellow one certainly is a beaute. Looks hot ! And its the 225Cupra R. Can't get a better deal then that.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

HungryJoey wrote:
    That yellow one certainly is a beaute. Looks hot ! And its the 225Cupra R. Can't get a better deal then that.

Hj

Too right.Looking into the Leons myself.VRT site was out of action earlier so couldn't get to see what the charge would be like.

VRT would be around 5000. Just dont like the yellow. Looks so much better
    in black, platinum grey or silver. Much better choice in the UK. Got on to
    axa about what my insurance would be and was very suprised to hear they dont differentiate between the cupra (180) and the cupra R (225). nice one!
    Its only group 6 while the new gti (200) and vRS (200) are group 7! Had to ring them again to make sure and that is the case it seems.

2003 Cupra R in yellow

or

Those David Prentice cars are i sold i think. No longer on autotrader.
    There is a private sale 04 red one on carzone but the guy started looking for
    25250 then a few days later incresed to 27500. Looks good all the same but
    even with vrt you can get a 04 from the UK for 25000 or less with better spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

New 200bhp FR is out now, and the 240bhp Cupra is out this weekend, with this there should be a better choice at the begining of next year, when people take delivery of their new Leon FR/Cupras.

Advertisement