Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Strange bluetooth file sent

• 10-03-2006 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I was in Eamon Dorans last night a little worse for wear and someone kept on sending me a file by bluetooth (i've got a nokia 6630).

Its called yrxc6jb.sis (.sis I just discovered is a symbian installer file).

Anyway, when you open the message a program installs (with a prog installed successfully message popping up).

But I see no new programs/games etc.

What the hell is it? Have I done something stupid?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe its a virus...not a good idea to accept random instalation files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Thats almost definitely a virus i'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Have I done something stupid?
    Yes.

Virus. Search this forum for previously infected phones & possible solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thing is I'd never open a bloody email attachment. And if I hadn't been flaming drunk I wouldn't have opened even that.

Mmmm.

http://mobile.f-secure.com/disinfection.html
    I downloaded the free com warrior removal tool - it detected comm warrrior, rebooted the phone and appears to have removed it.

So I don't have to go flashing the phone and all that malarkey......... right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its called comwarrior. turn off your bluetooth because it sends itself to other phones automatically by bt but can't turn it on itself. also id recommend deleting your mms settings as well. afaik that virus sends random mms's to people in your phone book. if you delete the settings sending will fail.

as far as i knew the only way to get rid of it was flashing but that tool might work. if not the nokia centre in dawson street can flash it for free if its in warranty but they're in the running for worst customer service in the universe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i get loadz of these texts whenever iturn on bluetooth, and the funniest thing is sometimes i get it when theres no other bluetooth phone around.:rolleyes:

drdre wrote:
    i get loadz of these texts whenever iturn on bluetooth, and the funniest thing is sometimes i get it when theres no other bluetooth phone around.:rolleyes:

What does that mean?!?!

That it's bogus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Why would you install something that you didnt know about? Just turn off your bluetooth when you arent using it. I dont know how to get rid of it, probably a viruscan for your phone should do the job, there are a few available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

My friend got the com warrior virus on his phone,It ate his credit sending sms's etc so he asked me to get rid of it.So I just installed sim antivirus and Com warrior showed so I deleted it.Its working perfect now so I dont think flashing is needed really.

Just do a search for it on google to get it.Its a handy little app.

http://mobile.f-secure.com/disinfection.html

I used the above on friday and checked my account. Credit seems stable - no stupid texts being sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement