Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords et all?!

Options
  • 10-03-2006 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Whats peoples opinion of Halfords/Aldi/Lidl etc-do you think the bikes they sell are any good? My father picked up a dual suspension mountain bike for 150e ( i think it was an Apollo Creed). I had a cycle on it and I couldnt get over how light it was-it seemed like great value for money to me. But what about you people-what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Cindy Love wrote:
    dual suspension mountain bike for 150e ( i think it was an Apollo Creed).
    Sound rubbish...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

in a word:
    dodgey

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Cindy Love wrote:
    Whats peoples opinion of Halfords/Aldi/Lidl etc-do you think the bikes they sell are any good? My father picked up a dual suspension mountain bike for 150e ( i think it was an Apollo Creed). I had a cycle on it and I couldnt get over how light it was-it seemed like great value for money to me. But what about you people-what do you think?

Depends what he uses it for. As a going to the shops bike, its fine. As an MTB, its a piece of junk.

Golden rule of MTB purchase - Strong, light, cheap - pick any two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

Cindy Love wrote:

dont use it off road. fine for the shops and park with kids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Yes, fine for the park, but if the shop is in any way far (even 500M) it won't be worth it on that yolk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement