Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How would you value a scoby motor?

Options
  • 10-03-2006 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=368778

I'm currently looking for a car just to get some daily practise in before the driving test. I want to spend about €3500, and I'd prefer a 1.4l. The car above came up in a carzone search.

Obviously I couldn't actually do the test in the car above, no tester would pass me. But I've got my Dad's car for that. And I really don't like the modified car look, but as far as scummer motor's go, this isn't so bad (besides the cheesy alloys and neons inside) and I'm wondering if this could represent a bargain?

A similar car comes up on the same search page that's €200 cheaper, 33,000 fewer miles on the clock, respectable looking and from a dealer so presumably with a 3 months warranty at least.

Bearing that in mind, if you had to, what sort of offer would you make for this car?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Neon - Oh my sweet Jesus!

Twin exhaust backbox?
    brand new gear box - why?

And you are wondering how much to pay for it???

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

Don't do it, it's dericulous!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It has the word "chav" written all over it imho. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Thats no modified car its a piece of maxpower stick on Tack!

And as far as scummer motors go its as bad as they come!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Meh - you could probably flog the wheels and then it should be easy enough to get the exterior looking normal again. Just leave the neons turned off, but they might look cool once in a while. Sounds like youd be also gettign a well decent sound system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

that car is a mess, have seen it around a couple of times and have never failed to laugh at it yet. no one would buy the wheels if you were gonna sell them and the inside looks a mess with all the neon lights.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=327373

that white one is far nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

Well no I wasn't seriously considering it. But I was just curious what sort of realistic offers people would make. Chavved up cars have such a limited market that I thought you could possibly get a good deal. The dash must have cost a lot to replace?

The alloys are hilarious. They make the car look quite camp! As for the audio. The system might be decent but those speakers are the Argos standard I would have thought? And what sort of benefit could a twin exhaust back box have on a car that size? If the dearbox had to be replaced it must have been put through a lot of strain.

That white one's not so bad really. Priced far better too.

Advertisement