Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar Presents: Silicone Soul - St Patricks Night @ The Vic, Galway

Options
  • 10-03-2006 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

soma.gif110520293_c8968eef33.jpgsoma.gif

Self-confessed children of the night, Craig Morrison and Graeme Reedie are Scotland's premier sonic voodoo bandits of house. They are Glasgow's rising stars who form part of a new wave of house producers.

Their most acclaimed work at this stage was the monster 'Right on 4 the Darkness' and the nocturnally nasty, atmospheric sound of 'Nosferatu'; which both later appeared on their spellbinding debut album, '...A Soul Thing'. House music is clearly their first love and the album is a cauldron of inspirations, crammed full of beguiling voodoo funk and mutant melodies. Let their bionic beats and hypno house charm your soul. The year 2000 also saw the boys release their own update of their classic 'Right on 4 tha Darkness', renamed 'Right On, Right On!' This turned into one of the biggest tracks of the year. 'Chic-o-Laa' was unleashed at the end of the year.

In 2003 they once again launched their own label and already it has received much praise in the dance community. “Darkroom Dubs is the name of our new label,” says Craig. "We wanted to put out some darker, dubby, more abstract and atmospheric sounds, much like the stuff that's been really happening when we DJ".

2004 saw the guys release their first Soma single for over 3 years with an album to follow, a much anticipated follow up to "...A Soul Thing”. Their last Soma release being a superb reworking of the Arches anthem 'Mispent Youth' by Shatrax.

In 2005 Craig Morrison and Graeme Reedie returned with their new album ‘Staring Into Space’, a stellar composition of deep and emotive music.
    As Craig says “Our sound is more developed and cohesive than on our last album, although we don’t have any set ideas before entering the studio we have tried to make an album of music with a vibe running through it rather than a ‘house’ album.”

The album does have it’s share of dancefloor burners, ‘Les Nocturnes’ is a supreme slice of future-disco which is inspired by their love of Parisian nightlife, and ‘Under A Werewolf Moon,’ a chunky tribute to the US house sound of the early nineties.

‘Staring Into Space’ concludes with the outrageous ‘Poisoner’s Diary’. This is a driving, Blondie inspired slug of synth-pop featuring vocals from Stuart Gray of Viva Stereo, one of Glasgow’s hippest guitar bands.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Polar #2

Silicone Soul return to Galway this St. Patricks Night, 17th March @ The Vic.
    Support on the night from Resident DJ, Johann
    Tickets €15

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 karaokenomore

might as well camp out next weekend in the vic then, silicone soul on friday and mu at 110st on saturday!

silicon soul organisers take heed. the 110st lads told me last saturday that they were banned from this site for posting up their newsletter even though they said that they said in advance that they wouldn't do so if anyone objected. that's a tad unfair in my books. what do the moderators have to say about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

silicon soul organisers take heed. the 110st lads told me last saturday that they were banned from this site for posting up their newsletter even though they said that they said in advance that they wouldn't do so if anyone objected. that's a tad unfair in my books. what do the moderators have to say about this?

Explain...

as i said, they may ban you for posting any gig info.. it happened to cyril and the lads without explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's a bit of an opaque area.
    On the one hand no-one likes spam. Especially if it's just a copy and paste from a newsletter when a brief (1 line) description, date, venue and link to the newsletter would get the message across in a less formal manner. There's also a lovely gigs/music events board which may well reach a wider audience.
    On the other hand, it's an event in Galway and is of some interest to the forum members.

I'll paste up a sticky explaining this, any further copy+paste jobs (by anyone) will be locked and a link to the charter posted in the thread.
    I don't think the 110th St. lads were actually banned, the thread was locked by Beruthiel (supermod - 'sweeper' of boards).

Keep it Country folks, and don't take the piss - this isn't the Galway Advertiser, it's a discussion board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Advertisement