Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History mocks

Options
  • 10-03-2006 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Had a search but cant find any thread on the history pres-so sorry if Im repeating a thread. Just wondering if it was a fair enough paper? Any surprises or was it very similar to the sample paper. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 schnupi

ye i would b interested as well cauz we are jus startin our mocks this week...rite before the orals..great :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

schnupi wrote:
    ye i would b interested as well cauz we are jus startin our mocks this week...rite before the orals..great :mad:

i feel your pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

mine was.. ok. most of it.

we had nothing on Russia up, which was a bit ****e, cos i love Russia..

Nation States & International Tensions
    - something about arts & literature in WWI - (difficultly phrased)
    - conflict in Serbia as a fulcrum for WWI
    - Naval Policy of Wilhelm II
    - WWI as a "Total War"

Dictatorship & Democracy
    - Rise of fascism in Italy
    - Nuremburg Rallies as part of the "propaganda machine"
    - British society during WW2 (i think... cant quite remember)
    - American popular culture stuff (thats at the end of the book.. well.. my book at least..)

Sovreignty & Partition
    - Why was the 1916 Rising a military failure
    - Cumann na Ghaedhael in power. cant remember the phrasing, but basically everything they had to sort out in the country when they came to power in 1922...

I cant remember the other 2, cos we hadnt done them yet, so i read them, went "meh.. we aint done them".. and they didnt stick in my head.. sorry..

and the case study was the 1913 Strike & Lockout, it was pretty simple, i got 93/100 in it i think, so yeah...

good luck :)

of course you probably wont even get the same paper... aaah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Rockerette wrote:
    mine was.. ok. most of it.

we had nothing on Russia up, which was a bit ****e, cos i love Russia..

Nation States & International Tensions
    - something about arts & literature in WWI - (difficultly phrased)
    - conflict in Serbia as a fulcrum for WWI
    - Naval Policy of Wilhelm II
    - WWI as a "Total War"

Dictatorship & Democracy
    - Rise of fascism in Italy
    - Nuremburg Rallies as part of the "propaganda machine"
    - British society during WW2 (i think... cant quite remember)
    - American popular culture stuff (thats at the end of the book.. well.. my book at least..)

Sovreignty & Partition
    - Why was the 1916 Rising a military failure
    - Cumann na Ghaedhael in power. cant remember the phrasing, but basically everything they had to sort out in the country when they came to power in 1922...

I cant remember the other 2, cos we hadnt done them yet, so i read them, went "meh.. we aint done them".. and they didnt stick in my head.. sorry..

and the case study was the 1913 Strike & Lockout, it was pretty simple, i got 93/100 in it i think, so yeah...

good luck :)

of course you probably wont even get the same paper... aaah well!

Thanks anyways though!! :) Our class is so totally unprepared for the pre

Advertisement