Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP 2Gig card wont show up.

• 10-03-2006 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭

:confused: I have a acer laptop with inbuilt card reader, it works fine with my 32mb card but wont show my 2gig card. but the 2gig card shows up on psp so it seems fine and i have formatted it. The cards are both sony magicgate. so has anyone any idea whats wrong with it. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

No clue but my 1Giggy doesn't show up on my multicard reader (though mine is sandisk). I found it easier to USB the PSP. It doesn't tell you what's wrong but it solves the problem.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Not 100% on this, but I think some (older) devices cant read some of the lager Memory Sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, a lot of card readers will only read up to 512mb sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭xbox-man

some cards are fake,
    where did you buy it (my guess eBay)
    ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Lots of card readers won't be able to read a 2gb card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

thanks yeah must be the card reader. bought the card on ebay for €99. works perfect using the usb cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There have been a bunch of fake Memory Sticks floting about. The only way you can tell if they are fake or not are by the formatted memory size.

There should be a thread about it here if you give a search for it. If not then just google or search engadget and you will find something.

Advertisement