Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ster Century --> Vue

Options
  • 10-03-2006 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

It didn't take them long to introduce the idea of a premium rate phone number to call for bookings, or to lash up the prices to a sickening E9.30 per ticket and that's without the so called "booking fee" of 50c/ticket.

Well here's something that should help. The phone number directly to the office is 01-6055720. Call that and ask them to transfer you to the ticket desk. It'll save you holding the line @ 15c/minute.

Or just stop going there altogether.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Devon wrote:
    It didn't take them long to introduce the idea of a premium rate phone number to call for bookings

they've been there for 5 year or more, so it did take long. Why not just book over the internet????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

gillo wrote:
    they've been there for 5 year or more, so it did take long. Why not just book over the internet????

You miss my point. VUE only introduced the premium rate phone number AFTER they bought over Ster Century. When it was Ster, the booking line was01-6055700.

Why not just book over the internet? Why bother incur the "booking fee" back then when I could call local numbers free with the Eircom package I'm on.

Now they're guaranteed the "booking fee" one way or another.

You might be happy to accept it, but I think it's a rip-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

gillo wrote:
    they've been there for 5 year or more, so it did take long.
    I'm pretty sure that ticket prices weren't €8.80 5 yrs ago. I think €9.30 is too much for a cinema ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Vote with your wallet! I like watching movies, but I've only gone to Ster Century twice in the past year. The last time (King Kong), I went when it was still a recent release, but there weren't many other people at it.

Is the place still mobbed all the time, or are people copping on?

Advertisement