Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garmin i3...any good?

Options
  • 10-03-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was in Halfords today and spotted the garmin i3 for €199, seems good value and the unit is nice and small.
    Has anyone ever used one or know if they are any good?
    I will prob be using it for mostly around Dublin and maybe Northern Ireland.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dmm1000

neil

great unit - brother used his in and around derry / limavady - no problems - then stick in your pocket when you leave the car ....... he paid €250.00 so you got a bargain- its as accurate as hell and it has the best mapping system suitable for ireland (navteq) just check they're v8 maps - on the menu of the unit .......

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Neilw,

I raised this very issue in this forum about a month ago. Check out the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054905248 - "Advice on using the Garmin Streetpilot i3 on Irish roads?"

Regards,

eorpach

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I was going to go buy one today but got held up, and I read there is now 100% mapping of Ireland.

Will it cost me much to upgrade if I buy it now does anyone know?

My missus will not drive an inch in Dublin without someone to tell her where shes going, this is going to be a me replacement. ( Much calmer and of course ):D

Thanks rob

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So if you buy one now does it include the updated maps? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Guys,

Here is an email I received regarding 100% mapping of Rep of Ireland from Garmin.

" Contrary to what (non-disclosed company) say - there is not 100% mapping of Ireland on Garmin systems just yet. A number of people have been misled
    by this.

It will be Sept./Oct. this year at the very earliest before 100% mapping
    is available on some GPS units and Jan/Feb 2007 before 100% mapping will
    be generally available. "

SO be very careful before you part with your cash.
    Personally, I am going to wait until early next year to purchase.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement