Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery BB Access

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Jumpy wrote:
    Naah it cant be him, you said it was a fast connection no? :D

Now now, Irish Broadband have some really fast and reliable speeds...........HA HA HA HA HA :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Not everyone is knows how to add security to their router. Just leave it alone and don't use it. How would you like it someone was using all your bandwith? And most importantly, it's illegal what your doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Skyuser wrote:
    Not everyone is knows how to add security to their router. Just leave it alone and don't use it. How would you like it someone was using all your bandwith? And most importantly, it's illegal what your doing.

First of all I am not activley using the connection - I merely noticed it was there when I booted up my new laptop. I have my own connection and it is fine.

Secondly, I asked if it was legit - I obviosly know there are morals involved but wanted to find out what others do / don't do.

What laws cover this sort of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I think theft laws are used in the UK...so something similar here I guess?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I have BB since late 2004 and have used under 20 GB. My wifi is open in case someone wants to use it, though I monitor it for abuse (never hapenned in spite of several accesses). I have some good security behind the router, so "accessees" can only get out to the Internet.

Why does everyone seem to assume that open networks are the result of the owners stupidity and that they are really clever because they found it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement