Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Info on Yagoog Magoog

• 10-03-2006 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Some of you probably don't know who they are but if you do, I would appreciate it if you gave me more info on them. I think they are a nation of some sort. Thanks!

Do you believe in the Yagoog Magoog? 0 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

what are you talking about:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

A story in Islam. They were a race of people that caused problems, so they were locked away behind two big steel doors, and they will return when they breach these big steel doors. And it is supposedly a sign of th coming of the day of judgement. Some people believe it, some dont. Personally, I cant see how it makes any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chik_in_pink

thank you so much! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

larryone wrote:
    A story in Islam. They were a race of people that caused problems, so they were locked away behind two big steel doors, and they will return when they breach these big steel doors. And it is supposedly a sign of th coming of the day of judgement. Some people believe it, some dont. Personally, I cant see how it makes any sense.

So where are they kept?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I really dont know any further details beyond what I've posted. Maybe someone more versed in Islam mythology might be able to inform us? I would summise that they would have to live underground if they existed, because Google earth seems to have nothing on them. So at this stage they probably resemble the orcs from The Lord Of The Rings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭r3boot

If it's jooj wal majooj you are talking about the story is as follows.

They are a 2 races the jooj and the majooj who devour and take from existence without giving back to it. They are another subclass of being just like djinn, humans and angels. but lived in the same plane of existence as humans.(this may or may not mean that they lived on earth)

Eventually a great worrior called "though alqarneen" secured them behind a barrier of some sort. Some people say it's two steel doors others say below ground. I think the most accurate version of what happened (supposedly) is that they were lock in a plane of existence seperate from ours but though alqarneen

Though alqarneen isn't the persons name it's just a descriptive term which could mean any of the following:
    he who has two horns
    he who has lived for 2 centuries
    he who has circumnavigated the globe
    he who has two planes of existence.

all that is known about him is that he was a man, who fought in numerous battles and was not a prophet. (I can't remember if he was muslim in a techincal sense). Alot of people hint at alexander the great. I have my doubts. His journeys were well documented with no record of the jooj or majooj and he had not circumnavigated the globe twice.

Some muslim scholars say that eventually when this plane is broken and the two planes of existence fuse between us and the jooj and majooj (similar to what happens when you see a djinn) and this will mean that there is instability in the running of existence so therefore the world will come to an end. Others just say that they live inderground and will be released; once they do they will devour all mankind.

Hope this clears things up.... (go I love muslim occult ......)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I believe in it

Advertisement