Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics

• 10-03-2006 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

If the album is half as good as it's title we'll all be happy. Anyone heard any of it yet apart from the single? (which gets a big thumbs up!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Heard it, like it. Starts off pretty strongly, gets a little more subtle later on (you can read it as "if you're not a fan, you won't like the later stuff on the album" if you like). It's different to what they've brought out before and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Out mid-April IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

is it a departure form yoshimi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Not too long now! Can't wait. It's out here Friday, March 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Really? I must pencil that into my diary but first I must buy a diary. And a pencil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's brilliant, definitely more upbeat at up tempo than Yoshimi and probably the best thing they've done yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭mcdonut

It's on the aiken website that the Flaming Lips are playing with Bob Dylan in Kilkenny on saturday june 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Anyone else think that's a very odd line up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It's certainly a surprise, not all that odd though. Good thing I missed out on the Cork show; Dylan/Flaming Lips makes a very nice billing.

New album's out surprisingly soon aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

Outstanding album, It has the songwriting skill of "the soft bulletin" with the electronic sensibilities of "Yoshimi battles the pink robots". I must say they have reached a nice middle ground with mystics. I also hear alot of contemporary influences in this album such as Daft punk & more obscure artists like Takako Minekawa and Bobby Conn. They are still not forgetting classic influences such as Supertramp, ELO, and Neil young.

Advertisement