Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season Tours

Options
  • 10-03-2006 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Are these worth doing? And what are the pros and cons of them. I dont know much about them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Never bother with them myself, but I'd say there's good amounts of revenue to be made from touring the East.

Also supposedly if you buy a high profile eastern player this will also increase your revenue (its the same in real life with David Beckham and Real Madrid)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

When you create one, unlike home friendlies, there is no mention of projected earnings.

I'm playing as Celtic and i've got Nakamura i dunno what to look for in the finance section that would show money made from the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Your merchandise sales should have a slight boost if you buy an eastern player Dempsey (Shirt sales etc..).

Pre season tours don't have any effect on finances but are a good way of getting your players into shape and boosting morale of the team as you'll walk over most of the teams you'll play. I usually do a tour of some crappy country, win all the games and have a fit and happy team fresh for the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

A great player to buy. Park Je Sung or however you spell it from Korea.

I bought him and the board creamed themselves as finance went right up with him being an eastern player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

very important. let your assistant arrange and play them. Gets your players fit for the season ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

if you have a cup comp at home you'll make some moulah

Advertisement