Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heartbroken, what do i do?

• 11-03-2006 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I really loved her, we were living together a year and a half, we went throught the ups and downs of life but the more you tried to tear us apart the better we stuck together, i started up my own business cause we needed money, and even through everything we went through, everything was gettin better (i am 23 and she is 21 and she is absolutely beautiful) i got into the rythm of life, we went out less and we didnt do so much things together, money was still a problem, id come home in the evenings - tired and id play stupid games on my computer rather than listen to her and about her day, i sent her off for four days to her family for a holiday out of ireland, i couldnt go with her because of work and in those four days i went crazy, i thought she was cheating, i told her and said i was moving out, very stupid of me, she told me later that she cried all day that day, and that evening we talked, and she said she wasnt sure about "us" anymore and we broke up.

Now we are both very lonely, she calls and texts everyday and when she is drunk, she tells me that she misses me and she loves me but in the morning when i ask her, the mood changes, im just after starting to pick up the pieces, i just about have myself back together - barely! Now im in a "in-between" i dont know whether to wait or to move on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭40YardScreamer

You dont take no for an answer. She's being very truthful when she's drunk and hiding it when she is sober. Tell her that you want her back and that she knows its for the best. Tell her you both should sit down and make a list of what needs to be fixed. Make another list of what needs to remain (the good list) and then you will know if things will work or not as you will decide if you can make the compromises that she needs and vice versa. Your jealousy may need to be worked on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Why did you think she was cheating?

Unless you had some grounds for this I have to say it sounds like you've done the girl a disservice, and while she's telling you one thing when drunk,and then another when sober, you did give her the boot so to speak, and I think it's to be expected that you have to make the moves to repair the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I really loved her, we were living together a year and a half, we went throught the ups and downs of life but the more you tried to tear us apart the better we stuck together, i started up my own business cause we needed money, and even through everything we went through, everything was gettin better (i am 23 and she is 21 and she is absolutely beautiful) i got into the rythm of life, we went out less and we didnt do so much things together, money was still a problem, id come home in the evenings - tired and id play stupid games on my computer rather than listen to her and about her day, i sent her off for four days to her family for a holiday out of ireland, i couldnt go with her because of work and in those four days i went crazy, i thought she was cheating, i told her and said i was moving out, very stupid of me, she told me later that she cried all day that day, and that evening we talked, and she said she wasnt sure about "us" anymore and we broke up.

Now we are both very lonely, she calls and texts everyday and when she is drunk, she tells me that she misses me and she loves me but in the morning when i ask her, the mood changes, im just after starting to pick up the pieces, i just about have myself back together - barely! Now im in a "in-between" i dont know whether to wait or to move on?

you treated her badly.
    you either get back with her and make more effort and get and stop this 'cheating crap' or you just let her go to get on with her life.

either way, make a decision and stop fúcking about with both your lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

Could it be something to do with retaining a sense of dignity on her part?

Bite the bullet, tell her you messed it up, she was totally right and then do what 40YardScreamer said....

Now these are the words coming from a person who has never been in a proper relationship:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

k u want to know the truth?

WOMEN tell the truth when they are drunk and in the morning its totally different.

No offence - but im with my fiance two years and if he came home from work and went straight on the computer id murder him

Look women need to feel loved- my man says "i love u" every day- i wake up in d morning and he says"i love you" its the same when i fall asleep- ive never been happier

It sounds so STEREOTYPICIAL but it makes me feel brilliant- did you do this to ur gf?

I know if your getting on great its brilliant - but its a different thing if you break up because of lack of communiction,ive been through it

I know the computer can be a lure but my fella and i give each other time on it(and not d minute either of us gets home) and its great and I love him even more because of it.

Look i understand where your coming from-I Hear of peole having internet lovers and i was worried about it too but really most of the time its all in the mind

I hope u sort it out

PM me if u wana

Advertisement