Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Anytime to Esat BT Broadband

• 11-03-2006 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I've been using IOL Anytime for the last number of years and DSL recently became available in my area. So I tested my number and qualified for it. I called BT and asked them to UPGRADE my IOL Anytime account to Option 2 of their Broadband service. I last paid for my 2 months advance IOL Anytime bi monthly on 8th Feb 2006. I received my DSL modem and got online with my new broadband service on the 28th Feb 2006.

What I'm wondering is this, after reading some of the horror billing posts in other threads:
    1. Since I said I wanted to upgrade my IOL Anytime Account, am I still going to be billed for this service? I read something about having to cancel in with a written letter but I specifically said when signing up I'd like to upgrade and the guy said no problem. I was never told I'd have to cancel it with a written Letter.
    2. If I do have to cancel with a written letter, are they going to try billing me again next month for it?
    3. My BT bill due in next month should be €100 (2 months BB + €40 self install modem). After upgrading my dialup service will they add on the difference? :) As I paid for IOL Anytime 2 months in Advance and only used it for maybe 2 weeks of the first month.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Can disregard #3 as I read any Advance charges are non refundable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Just to update for anyone who may be curious in the same situation. I gave them a call and after a long time on hold they said the IOL Anytime is automatically cancelled as its been upgraded to the BB service so they said it shouldn't show up on the billing.

Advertisement