Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flashy cars in weston

Options
  • 11-03-2006 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

im living up near hyde rd at the moment and i see a young fella in a 05 640 beemer dressed like a knacker driving a car worth over a 100 grand which family is this?one in the feuds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

this has libel written all over it

On second thoughts i wont lock it.

Firstly calling someone a knacker and then telling them where you live isnt very bright.

Secondly any names, addresses registration numbers posted here will result in a ban.

Thirdly, how does a knacker dress? personally I would identify an knacker by their actions rather than the way they dress.

Fourthly? How do you know the car was acquired through nefarious means. for all you know he could have been working 12 hour shifts five days a week in EMF 3 for all you know.

Fifthly, should he have a crap car just because he is living in Weston?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Crap car no, 100 grand car maybe somethings fishy and if someone earned it honestly would they really expect it to be safe around a rough area unless people are afraid of them.

Believe it or not there are people in weston who the scumbags leave alone for no particular reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

Thirdly, how does a knacker dress? personally I would identify an knacker by their actions rather than the way they dress.

A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale has hit Tallaght.

Epicentre: The TalaghtShopping Centre.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering "...bleedin
    story?","aaaaawrigh' bud" and "fUUUcksake". The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately EUR30 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from Crete and Santa Ponza
    were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were
    disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their welfare cheque
    arrived. The Talaght News reported that hundreds of residents were
    confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact
    that the damage had not been caused by illegal means.

One resident - Alexis Crystal Duffy, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "Ih
    was such a f*#k!n' shock, me little wan Chardonnay Mercedes cem runnin'
    into me bedruem cryin'. Me youngisst two: Tyler-Morgan n Megan-Brooklyn slept tru ih all. Buh I was still shakin' when I was watchin'
    ****in'Rikki Lake leh-er in the f*#k!n' mornin" Apparently though,
    looting, muggings and incidental crime did carry on as usual.

The Irish Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of
    Strongbow, Dutch Gold, frozen pizza and John Player Blue to the area to
    help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found
    large quantities of personal belongings, which include welfare
    books,jewellery including thousands of sovereign rings, many large
    medallions and Hash leaf ear rings from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and fine
    Bone China from Tommy's Wonderland of Value.

HOW CAN YOU HELP
    This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those
    unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster.

Clothing is most sought after, items most needed include:
    * Fila or Kappa baseball caps,
    * Hoodies (any type)
    * Tommy Hilfiger tracksuits (his and hers)
    * Nike/Adidas Shell suits (female)
    * White sport socks Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in
    TK Maxx.
    * Anything from Magic or Unique Boutique.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, as refrigeration may be a
    problem, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include:

* McCains oven chips
    * Heinz baked beans
    * Goodfellas Frozen Pizza
    * Coke/Fanta
    * Strongbow Cider
    * Smirnoff Ice.
    * John Player Blue 15's. (unmarried mother handy pack)

And remember that your contribution counts!
    Just 22c buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms and bookie
    slips. Just EUR5.00 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a
    family of 9. Only EUR6.00 will pay for a packet of 20 Major to calm the
    nerves of those affected.

Note: Please do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of such plush
    accommodation is unfair on the population of the local halting sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Well the hoodie needs to be white! Thats the official uniform, the other is just casual wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sarah lk wrote:
    im living up near hyde rd at the moment and i see a young fella in a 05 640 beemer dressed like a knacker driving a car worth over a 100 grand which family is this?one in the feuds?

Maybe his SSIAs matured? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Firstly calling someone a knacker and then telling them where you live isnt very bright.

Secondly any names, addresses registration numbers posted here will result in a ban.

Fourthly? How do you know the car was acquired through nefarious means. for all you know he could have been working 12 hour shifts five days a week in EMF 3 for all you know.

being a bit harsh there billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

That would still take him about 2.5 years to make enough money to buy the car. Of course this would mean he would have to give up eating and spending any money at all while he was saving. Also if you could afford a car valued at €100,000 (by legal means) you would not be living in a slum like Weston. It is quite obvious that the car was obtained directly or indirectly by illegal means. Anyone who is familiar with the area would know who these people are and how they make their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭sarah lk

sorry billy i'll re write my comment.my parents are from weston,but when i see a guy in a 100 grand car it makes me wonder?most people are normal decent folk.a 640 bmw with 5 guys in tracksuits windows down and music pumping.if anyone know just pm me instead of getting in trouble on the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Believe it or not there are people in weston who the scumbags leave alone for no particular reason.

Thats because the people who i think you are on about have paid off
    the scum bags to leave them alone...lol imagin that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

were abouts is weston i dont think ive ever heard of it, i only really know the main ones castletroy raheen etc

irishguy wrote:
    That would still take him about 2.5 years to make enough money to buy the car. Of course this would mean he would have to give up eating and spending any money at all while he was saving. Also if you could afford a car valued at €100,000 (by legal means) you would not be living in a slum like Weston. It is quite obvious that the car was obtained directly or indirectly by illegal means. Anyone who is familiar with the area would know who these people are and how they make their money.

Weston isnt bangladesh you know, what makes you think it is a slum? Anyone i know there either owns their own home or are paying a mortgage.

A house on Griffith Avenue was on the market for nearly 100 grand.
    http://www.limerickpost.ie/propnew/details.elive?sku=110719050636342

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

most young fellas in weston have class cars like that.. were not dirt poor at all most the young people i know in weston earn more money than others. my friend crashed his car on the way to school the car was destroyed and within a week he bought a nissan maxima.... ya so ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

My, how time flies... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Weston isnt bangladesh you know, what makes you think it is a slum? Anyone i know there either owns their own home or are paying a mortgage.

A house on Griffith Avenue was on the market for nearly 100 grand.
    http://www.limerickpost.ie/propnew/details.elive?sku=110719050636342
    I live fairly close to weston and have passed through it many many time and know quite a few people who live there (quite a few of whom are decent people). I have also seen many things that confirm people’s poor opinions about the Weston area. Groups of teens beating each other with sticks, bats and what ever else was to hand. Houses burned out and boarded up, lots of graffiti. The local church broken into and damaged. Children tying steel cables across roads and destroying cars. Also i have heard [from people that worked there] that Lidl on Childers road at one point had the highest stock loss in Ireland.

And a slum is a poor area of a city with substandard housing, i think most of Weston would fall into that category. Maybe a bit of a hash term though its more PC to call it a ‘disadvantaged area’

MikeTyson there is a difference between a Nissan Maxima which can be purchased for as little as €800 in the buy and sell and a luxury €100,000 sports car

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

MikeTyson wrote:
    most young fellas in weston have class cars like that.. were not dirt poor at all most the young people i know in weston earn more money than others. my friend crashed his car on the way to school the car was destroyed and within a week he bought a nissan maxima.... ya so ....

Also known as insurance.

Advertisement