Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to look for jobs

Options
  • 11-03-2006 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Where's the best website to look for a new job - senior java codemonkey type role? Or is it a case of checking them all? Or just the usual suspects like monster.ie or irishjobs.ie?

Just wondering.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Monster & Irishjobs are probably the best web site, occasionally there are ads on the Irish Times, and you could check the web sites of the major players, IBM, Oracle, Google, Microsoft, Iona, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

You could try here -

http://www.dole.ie

It searches most of the main job sites. I wrote it and will be launching it officially in a week or two (need to iron out some bugs etc.)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dublindude wrote:
    You could try here -

http://www.dole.ie

It searches most of the main job sites. I wrote it and will be launching it officially in a week or two (need to iron out some bugs etc.)
    I gopt this when I selected counties near me...
    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dole/public_html/inc/mysql_functions.php on line 62

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dole/public_html/inc/mysql_functions.php on line 62

I then searched 'All locations' with ASP as the search string. One of the results was a van job which it turns out has expired on the partent website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thanks for the bugs!

Yeah, I need to iron out a few problems. It should be working bug free (!) in a few days.

Most of the functionality is working now though... I hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Have you ever thought of joining any use groups related to the particular field you work in. Networking and making your own connections will land you a better job than going through a recruitment agancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

dublindude wrote:
    (teetering on the edge of advertising)

Careful now...

Advertisement